🦋 MEMENTO MORI 🦋

M𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘰 M𝘰𝘳𝘪
𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯

𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯.
𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘦.

𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘣𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵, 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭, 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺.

𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬

EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER
after the disappearance of Beth and Hannah Washington the Hartley siblings made their way back to Blackwood Pines. They left there home early in the morning with bags and suitcases, ready for the party week.

It didn't feel like a party. Just thinking about going back made the girl uneasy, I mean. She's been talking to Josh a lot more, he's seemed better in her eyes. He did feel better, best as he could that is. He couldn't throw everything that happened to the back of his mind and forget it.

Morgan threw her phone in her backpack with her charger and snacks for the eight hour drive. She throws her suitcase down the stairs and runs after it. "Are you ready to party coochie!" Chris is too busy playing on his phone or texting, maybe if Morgan turned off the Wifi, he'll go outside and touch some grass for once. For the past few months he's been non stop talking to Ashley.

Ugh Ashley, how Megan loathed her. She just didn't like her, she was so gushy with Chris. She didn't trust that girl with her brother. Now she has to spend a week with her.

The siblings throw their things in the trunk of Chris's 2002 Subaru, getting ready for there drive. They reach one of the various canyons and start the hard part. The part where the radio turns to shit and you're caved in on both sides by mountains and the roads are slick and icy.

"Hey, throw me a snack, and by throw I mean hand me one. Last time you scratched my eye when you threw a twinkie." The girl slowly opens her bag and pulls out a pack of corn nuts. "Here you go Coochie."

Chris grips the wheel and rolls his eyes. One of the many mean nicknames he has acquired from his sister. She took Josh's nickname for him, Cochise and turned it into something to piss him off. He doesn't mind it, he has worse things he's able to call her.

"Hardy Har Har, you know I could call you something mean too, but I know how you are, you'll go crying to mom or one of your friends. All you do is bitch if there is a slight inconvenience." Silence falls between the two siblings.

Chris clears his throat before fiddling with the radio, trying to see if he could get something, he wouldn't care, as long as it's something that can break the silence. He would even listen to radio static at this point.

Hours pass and they are finally at the bottom of Blackwood Pines. The girl is now wide awake after sleeping for half the time. A radio signal finally came through, most of it was just the news. But not just any news, back to back stories on what happened on Mount Washington, precisely a year ago today.

"We interrupt to an exclusive I interview with Joshua Washington." Suddenly Josh's voice came onto the radio. Hello friends and fans. No let's retry that. Hello friends and fans. I know it's hard and weird coming up here after what happened last time. Now let's adress the elephant in the room. My sister's are gone, but let's make the most of it and party like we're fucking porn stars." The interviewer starts talking about the events of last year. Chris punches the radio and turns it off. "Sorry, can't listen to that. At least not right now." A small frown formed on the siblings faces. They now have to face Josh and the other kids.