A additional averange day

Soft footsteps are heard in the guest room where Penny is still sleeping. Her hair falls on the pillow with relief.

-"Penny!"- the two kids shake the woman's sleeping body before she slowly opens her eyes.

-"Wow, are you okay? Is it trouble?"- she asks anxiously as they sit next to the twins on the bed.

-"No, we just can't sleep."

-"What time is it?"- Penny reaches for her hair band and ties her hair in the usual ponytail.

-"8 hours."- they answer.

-"Is Uncle Sam awake?"

-"No, he's still asleep."

-"Then don't wake him up yet. Let's have breakfast."

-"Fried eggs!"- the twins shouted a little loudly,

-"Good, good sthhhh. Come on!"- Penny silences them, laughing softly, and slowly the three of them get up from the bed and go down the stairs. Arriving in the kitchen, they take out the ingredients needed for breakfast. Penny starts frying the fried egg. The twins spread out on their tables until then. Then they hear soft footsteps, followed by a familiar voice.

-"Good morning!"

-"'Good morning, Uncle Sam!"- the twins turn to him from the table, then hurry toward him quickly.

-"Good morning Sam!"-Penny looks at him with a smile. Sam in his usual pajamas in white and blue stripes looks like a big kid. Some locks of red tousled hair hang in front of her eyes.

-"How did you sleep, kids?"- Sam jumps down in front of them and hugs them.

-"Very well!"- James nods.

-"Yes, you imagine! I had a good dream!"- Sarah says happily.

-"And what was that?"- Sam asks curiously, and she shakes her head cheerfully.

-"I'll tell you one day. But all I can tell you was that you and Penny were in it".

-"I see ..."- the man laughs. Who can figure out what her niece might have dreamed of.

-"Come on, Uncle Sam!"- Sarah grabs the man's hand and quickly pulls her to Penny, who is still standing at the kitchen counter and preparing breakfast.

-"And you Penny, how did you sleep?" -he asks softly. With her eyes, she stares into her brown eyes, but also takes a few glances at her body.

-"Good, Sam ..."- Penny replies with a smile, but then suddenly Sam's phone rings. The man hurries to the dresser and looks at it.

-"Steele!"- hze says and picks up the phone. - "Yes?"

-"Sam! Could you come in sooner to work? Penny should talk too!"

-"Of curse. Very important?"

-"Yes, Fire Chife Officer Boyce just said he would come check in and hold a meeting."

-"I understand, sir, the twins are here, but if we take them home, we'll leave right away."- he says without hesitation.

-"You and...?"Steele asks, a voice of curiosity.

-"Uhm, yeah. Penny is here."- Sam replies in confusion and looks at the kitchen where Penny is just placing breakfast on the table.

-"Again? .... it doesn't matter. Hurry up, be in at 10!"

-"Got it, sir!"- he replies and hangs up.

Then they have breakfast and talk a little. As the twins are escorted to the cafe, the kids herd Sam and Penny next to each other. After that, they leave for the station one by one and arrive shortly before 10 am.