023

" i'll take care of myself, what are you afraid of? "

haeun, 3ye - yessir

Haewon's POV
distance was all that mattered. our breaths came in small spurts, both hot and nervous. at my sides, tanned fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forward as if it would make me run faster. behind me now, was lisa, looking back every few seconds in the insecure paranoia of being followed.

I could feel my heart beat...every single drum in my chest. Not through my ears, that was occupied by intolerant alarms blocking out any other sound that tried to be heard. This great pounding, this great pressure, it kept my blood high and pumping - it got even higher the moment the exit's door came into sight.

My pace sped up almost instantaneously, the pain my body was undergoing unexpectedly had an unpleasantness to it; as if another obstacle would stop us.

I spoke too soon.

A female with the striking initials of K.S stood undaunted in front of the escape with twain guns loaded in her hands.

"Fuck, not this bitch again." Lisa sighed ill-fatally.

6 MINUTES REMAINING.

I pouted hopelessly at the anxiety stirring announcement, still running a medium speed now.

All of a sudden, another experience of my ungovernable powers occurred but this time it was much more materialistic. I now understood what what needed to be done.

Accelerating with certainty, I run directly into the aim of the enemy, not because I was choosing to be reckless, but because there was a purpose this time, a main goal.

Being brave for me was always such a conscious choice ever since I was young. Whenever I saw a tidal wave of fear my feet chose to run away, they always did. Yet this time, I'm choosing to ride the wave and see where it takes me. I never was a fearless person by nature, quite the opposite, but this time I will not be mastered by such a basic emotion, a primal urge.

I believe the blocker was not expecting such a move and that gave me enough time to get to her first. Tackling her trunk with all my strength, I send the weapons clanking across the shiny floors as I collected hair in handfuls, scratched, bit, kicked and head-butted. A raged scream left the girl. She tried to counterattack but I delivered a punch vehemently, shutting down her body for who knows how long.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" the blonde bellowed just behind.

"Uh..no?" I replied calmly, still attentively holding down the unconscious figure.