022

(FINAL WEEK)

" becoming harder to contain your growing strength and voice "

lee suhyun - alien

Haewon's POV
from the floor above, we all felt the rumbling vibrations of the building. the alarms scorched the entire expanse into a sinister crimson as sounds of locks and clicks echoed through the void walls.

Lisa tapped into her ear piece to contact Hongjoong while I helped to unchain San.

"What's going on??"

"Jimin wasn't in his room, he has gone into hiding. He knew we would come once again, so the building was set to self destruct in like 15 minutes; the countdown hasn't started yet luckily."

Each of us were dumbstruck. With San untied, the first thing he proceeded to do was reunite with a longing embrace. It felt drastically domestic being in his arms after so long.

Pulling away at his own pace, the dimpled man turned to the deserted bed and oddly enough sprung into serious conversation. I was still confused as to who was there. San faced me and took a breath before saying:

"Haewon, your father is alive and he is right here with us."

Hysterically, I just began to laugh. It wasn't exactly the right time but to hear those words leave his mouth, I just had to. There was no way...but judging by forthright stare that held onto his face, my belief began to slip.

"Wait, you're being serious?"

San nodded. "He says for you to be able to see him you need to use your precognitive skill and link it with his."

Skill? Since when did I possess a future seeing skill?

That's when it hit.

The magical occurrence took place in the same vent of the last encounter. Without it, I would have been dead from a guard shooting me straight away. Yet it was random, I had no control over when it happened. But there was no reason to not try understand and harness the power of the unknown.

I shut my eyes and let the wavering whispers be the only thing in my presence. Energy surged it's way from my fingertips all the way round my body as if I was a living circuit. Uncontrollably, my pupils opened to see a forming man sat on the rim of the bedpost. The energy reduced itself as the mumbles were gone; I felt humane again.

In the flesh, was my father. We peered at each other with such unconditional love. All this time I thought Yeji and I were alone, but we weren't. One parent was here, right in front of my bawling orbs.