10 | Can conveyor belts really kill?

X

Manga: Lesson 29-31

Anime: Episode 20

"THANK you for showing us around." The tallest among the exorcist said as they sat in front of the four Shinsengumi officers inside the room. Outside, on the patio, Shizuku and Yamazaki sat together, both on their knees as they listened quietly.

"I feel a fairly powerful spirit presence, Gorilla." The tallest exorcist said.

Shizuku tilted her head to the side. "Did he just say 'Gorilla'?" she muttered to herself, ignoring the familiar feeling in her gut.

"For starters, why don't we do an exorcism?" the shortest from the trio asked. "This is going to cost you a pretty penny, Gorilla."

"'Gorilla'?" Shizuku frowned. "Hold on, isn't that...." she paused.

"Gorilla?"

"Oi, oi, they're getting in the habit of saying 'Gorilla'." Hijikata frowned deeply. "Even Shizuku's saying it."

"By the way, what kind of spirit is here, Gorilla?" Okita asked with a slightly bored tone.

"It's contagious!" Kusahara's eyes widened as he turned to the brunet beside him.

"It's... a factory foreman." The short female exorcist said with a hum before the tall exorcist beside her punched her on the head.

"Ouch." Shizuku hissed to herself. "That must hurt."

"Well, it's the spirit of a factory foreman, who died after getting stuck in a conveyor belt." The tall exorcist said.

"Excuse me, but everyone said that they saw a woman's spirit." Shizuku informed in a slightly shy voice from outside of the room.

"Oh, right." The exorcist in green clothing said with a nod. "It's the spirit of a woman who looked like the factory foreman who killed herself by getting stuck in a conveyor belt."

"That explanation's too long!" Hijikata's voice raised. "And what does a factory foreman have to do with it?!"

"Anyway, are you Yamazaki?" one of the three exorcists looked at the officer beside Shizuku.

"Eh?" Yamazaki squeaked, watching the three stand up from their seats.

"We must borrow your body. To draw in the spirit, and then, exorcise it, okay?" The tallest exorcist said.

"Young lady, please move inside." He said to Shizuku. The teal haired girl nodded before standing up and walking to sit beside Hijikata. She worriedly looked at Yamazaki.

"Eh, w – wait a minute." Yamazaki stuttered, a frightened look painted his face. "Wait.... 'Exorcise'... how are going to do that?"

"We'll just hit you really hard." The tallest exorcist suddenly cracked his knuckles.

"What?!" Yamazaki frowned. "Anybody can do that!" before he knew it, the female exorcist punched him in the gut, knocking him out. Shizuku hissed before her brows furrowed. The last time she checked, possession isn't supposed to be done like that.

She should know, she has-,

"Zaki-san?" the young girl called warily.

"Yes, it went into him." the tallest exorcist gestured to Yamazaki. "A spirit went into him, here."

"It looked to me like you delivered a body blow instead of putting a spirit in." Kusahara said with a deadpanned expression on his face. Both he and Shizuku shared a glance before they looked back at the three.