7 | I hope that you're not drunk, yet; Gintama is family friendly

VII

Manga: Lesson 28

Anime: Episode 18

SHIZUKU and Kusahara stood together with matching white headbands around their foreheads as they listened to Gintoki's speech about the Masked Loincloth.

"Listen up! He is a genuine pervert who prefers quality over quantity when it comes to girls' underwear." The white haired male said while walking back and forth with his chest plate strapped around him, his hands holding his bokuto. "Therefore, he'll definitely sneak in here again. And that's when we capture him."

"Not to be rude, or anything, but when did he become the leader?" Kusahara asked as he bent down next to Shizuku's ear. "I thought it was Otae-san and Kondou-san were leading us?"

"I'm not sure." Shizuku replied back as she pulled on her tasuki to tighten the knot. "Just let him start the chapter and get the page. Technically, he was the main character before we came along, so I think that it's fine. Besides, he didn't have much of an appearance since the first chapter."

Kusahara hummed. "Good point."

"I don't care if he's the Masked Loincloth, or the Masked underwear thief, we cannot forgive the way he tramples over girls' innocence and a man's pride." Gintoki huffed as he knocked on Kusahara and Shizuku's heads as he passed them by, clearly hearing what they were conversing about.

"All pumped up and ready to kick some ass, we'll bring him down with a single blow! We'll stain his white briefs red with his own blood!"

Everyone raised their weapons in the air and chorused a yell. They soon went to their own corners and began training.

"I think they're getting a little overboard." Shizuku commented as she watched everyone swing their weapons around. "They might actually cut the man in half."

"I don't even think that the Shinsengumi is needed for this." Kusahara said from beside the young girl. "You have to admit, though, watching them is quite amusing." Shizuku hummed in response.

"Well, I thought something like this would happen, so I brought these from the warehouse in the castle." Okita's voice suddenly came up from behind them. Shizuku, Kusahara and Shinpachi – who was standing next to them – turned around and saw the young, brunet Captain lay down a large bag from behind him. Shizuku's and Kusahara's eyes widened at the sight of what was inside the bag.

"What's this, Okita-san?" Shinpachi asked as he bent down.

"How should I put it?" Okita hummed. "Something like.... Landmines?"

"'Something like' my foot!" Kusahara yelled as he knocked on Okita's head. "These are landmines."

"Well, these are better than your landmines at the comfort room, Kusohara-san." Okita retorted with a smirk. Kusahara poised himself to smack the younger again.

"Can have one on these?" Shizuku asked before another fight ensued. She kneeled beside the older brunet before she picked one landmine from the pile. "I want to place some under your feet to stop you two from fighting."

"Shizuku!" Kusahara yelled, his face utterly betrayed. The young girl just looked at him with a smile.

"I had a hard time sneaking them out under strict supervision, so I don't want any to be wasted." Okita said while looking back to where Hijikata was standing. "So, no; I can't let you have one." Shizuku pouted a little before she stood up, dusting herself off.