13 | There are many things that count as consent

XIII

Manga: Lesson 55

Anime: Episode 39

OKITA blew on his whistle as he raised his hands in front of him.

"Just a minute. Just a minute." He said while still keeping his whistle in between his lips. "Okay, stop." Beside him, Kusahara watched as a man riding a bicycle stopped in front of them.

Instantly, the teal haired male noticed something about him that looked familiar.

"You're in violation, mister." An officer from the First Division said from beside the man on the bicycle as he placed his hands on his hips.

"You're supposed to have a lantern when riding at night." Kusahara nodded at his fellow officer. "Let's see..." he said as he approached the man on the bicycle.

"Is this bicycle registered for theft prevention?" he asked, looking up at the man, who kept his head low as he covered his face with his hat.

"I'm not sure. I got this from a friend." The man answered.

Immediately noticing the voice, Kusahara paled.

"It's Katsura-san." He said to himself, cautiously glancing at Okita, who was tilting his head to the side as he looked at the man. Even from that single movement, Kusahara knew that the younger male was slowly beginning to analyze the man.

"This is bad. Out of all the times I was partnered with Okita-kun on a patrol, he just had to show up tonight." Kusahara cursed to himself.

"I see. Are you on your way home from shopping?" Okita asked as he moved behind Katsura's bicycle. Kusahara sighed in relief, thinking that the younger male still didn't notice that it was Katsura

"Excuse me, can I go now?" Katsura cautiously asked. "I'm kind of busy." He said. Before Kusahara could say that he could continue on, the First Division officer beside him cut him off.

"We've had a lot of underwear burglaries around here recently." He said. "Don't you know? The Masked Phantom Loincloth burglar broke out of prison again."

"I prefer trunks." Katsura replied with a low voice. "Bye." He said and he went off.

"Hang on, buddy, do you have any ID?" Okita asked with his usual deadpanned tone. "Oi, nii-chan!"

At the same time, Katsura's hat fell off, completely exposing his identity.

"Okita-taichou! That long hair!" the officer beside Kusahara yelled. The teal haired male didn't question anything when he turned around and saw Okita pulling out his bazooka from the car.

"Found you, at last!" the brunet yelled, placing his bazooka on his shoulder before firing, the shot barely missing Kusahara's stomach by an inch. Something exploded a few meters away from where they were.

"Hey, give a warning shot to your comrades!" Kusahara yelled, smacking the younger in the head before turning around to rush towards the remains of Katsura's bicycle. Knowing the older male, Kusahara knew that he escaped that shot easily, but seeing the blood that was on the ground, he knew that Katsura was injured.

"Well, shit."

"Kusahara-san, call out your Division and let's search the perimeter." Okita said from behind the tall male, undoubtedly seeing the same patch of blood that Kusahara was seeing on the ground.

Playing along, Kusahara nodded before he took out his walkie-talkie from his inner blazer pocket and began calling out to his team. "Second Division, Katsura has been sighted in XXX street. He has taken a bit of damage, so he won't run far. Form a perimeter of two-hundred meters away from the street." He ordered while nodding to Okita, who was also giving orders to his own Division through his own walkie-talkie. They both started running and looking around.