35 | When they say that she'll do it, she'll definitely do it

XXXV

Manga: Lesson 77-80

Anime: Episode 51-52

"I'M sorry, but I don't know." Otose sighed as she looked at the picture of a girl that she was holding. "I've never seen a lady like this before."

"I see." The old man standing in front of her replied with a defeated voice. He had been standing there for the past fifteen minutes, talking to the old woman about the woman in the picture that he had handed her but so far, he hasn't gotten anything useful.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The old man suddenly said. "I was so forward. I still haven't introduced myself." He said with a bow.

"I'm Hashida Kahei. I run a store here in Kabuki-chou."

From behind Otose, Shinpachi, Kagura and Catherine stood.

"Huh? That big corporation?" the dark haired boy asked with his brows raised.

"What's that?" Kagura asked with a curious tone in her voice.

"You know the huge building that's seen behind the Yorozuya?" Shinpachi replied to the younger. "That's a big corporation."

"Well, what happened?" Otose asked the old man as the two teens talked.

"Well," the old man, Hashida, started. "The other day, my one and only precious grandson suddenly disappeared."

"A kidnapping?" Otose asked.

"I don't know for sure, but he just started walking, so he probably..." Hashida's voice trailed off. "I have reason to believe that the lady in the photograph was involved."

"A beautiful lady like this?" Shinpachi muttered as he looked at the picture in his hands.

"Did you report it to the police?" Otose raised a brow, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Well, the circumstances are but complicated, so I don't want to make this matter public." Hashida replied with a sigh.

"But under the circumstances, you really shouldn't be worried about your privacy." Otose said with a deep frown, already not liking where the situation was going.

"Right..." the old man looked down. "That's probably true, but please, if you see this lady, just contact me. I'm asking for your cooperation. And here's a photo of my grandson." He said as he came up to the old woman and pulled out a photo from his pocket.

Just as Otose grabbed the photo from the old man, a girl's voice suddenly sounded in the air.

"Excuse me." The voice called. "Is anybody there?" she said as she looked inside the bar.

"Oi, over here." Otose called back to the girl. "How can I help you?"

The girl suddenly looked behind her and immediately, Otose recognized her as the girl in the picture that was given to her.

Immediately, Hashida yelled for his assistants – who were standing close behind him – to seize the woman.

"Stop!" the woman yelled as she was being restrained by the old man's men. "Let me go!"

"You, wicked woman!" Hashida yelled as he approached the woman. "I've finally found you. Where's Kanshichirou? Tell me!"

The girl turned her face to the side and refused to look up at the old man.

"This woman..."

A sharp snap sounded in the air as he slapped the woman across the face.

"Remember who you are!"