26 | Katanas holds souls that are sharper than the blade itself

XXVI

Manga: Lesson 57-63

Anime: Episode 40-42

"AREN'T you a bit late to be showing up now, young man?" Umibozu asked after a scoff. "What brings you here?"

"I love spectacles." Gintoki replied with a small smirk on his face. "Don't you? Fires, fights and aliens are what Edo is famous for."

"All a know is that you're a pain in the ass!" Umibozu spat loudly. "Get lost!"

"Shut up! At least I still have two arms!" Gintoki growled back.

"My one arm is worth three of yours!"

"Oh yeah?! Well, three of mine are worth six of yours!"

The ship suddenly exploded, sending black smoke everywhere and covering everything.

"You should get home!" Gintoki shouted as he stepped on Umibozu's face. "Go to a hospital and get a new brain to go with your new arm!"

"If I get a new brain, it'll be to bring one back for you!" Umibozu retaliated. "And I'm not going to a hospital for just an arm! My left arm was a prosthetic, anyways!"

"Have them make you a prosthetic head while they're at it, you barcode-headed geezer!"

"For heaven's sakes, stop fighting, you two!"

Shizuku yelled as loudly as she could from the bottom of the terminal. She has been watching the two males bicker with each other for a while now – they were talking so loud that even though she was quite a distance away from the actual terminal, she could hear them scream at each other – and she wished she could do something to smash both of their heads in on the metal walls of the building.

She was slowly getting antsy but she wasn't going to let everyone know.

She has to keep her cool.

All of a sudden, large hands quickly pulled Shizuku away from the advancing parts of the large alien and a cannon was activated, slightly sending the alien back. Shizuku looked behind her and saw Kusahara pulling her towards where Ketsuno Ana and the news team were being protected by a group of officers.

"Stop it!" Kondou ordered as he pulled out his sword. "Your reign of terror ends here! Don't let them get into the streets of Edo!" he said, pointing his blade at the alien. Cannons and bazookas activated, sending missiles and projectiles towards the monster and blowing parts of it.

"Fukuchou, the terminal is coming apart!" One of the officers reported to Hijikata, who was standing next to Shizuku and was keeping his arm up in front of him, clearly preventing her from running up to the terminal. The girl was holding on to his arm, silently debating with herself at what she should do. Suddenly, she was hearing the cracks that were coming from the road to the terminal.

"They're not going to blame us, are they?" another officer asked the Vice-Chief.

"Who cares?" Hijikata answered without emotion. "We'll just say that the monster destroyed it."

"Viewers, did you hear that?" Ketsuno Ana suddenly reported to the camera. "Despite specific orders from the Bakufu, the Shinsen-,"

Hijikata suddenly lifted his foot in front of Ketsuno Ana, but he stopped when Shizuku blocked his foot's way by shielding the announcer with her body.

"Oh no, you don't, Hijikata-san!" Shizuku scolded as she spread her arms to the sides. "Seriously, you can't butcher the media like this!" However, that didn't stop Hijikata from directing his foot towards the camera and the cameraman. Kusahara had to pull him away in order for him not to effectively kill the man.