32 | Seeing a Gorilla's naked body at work should pay more

XXXII

Manga: Lesson 74

Anime: Episode 46

IT was Shizuku's official first day as a helper in the Shinsengumi Station. It wasn't anything new to her since she had helped them countless times before. By that time, she was already used to seeing all the craziness that the Shinsengumi officers were constantly up to – mainly Okita's attempts at doing.... Certain.... things.

When they were understaffed with the medical team after a massive mission Shizuku was there. When their chefs had suddenly come down with a flu and couldn't cook for them, Shizuku was there. When Kondou somehow got himself stuck inside a metal drum after being rejected for the nth time by Tae, Shizuku was there because no one else wanted to help him. Really, Shizuku wasn't surprised with anything at all anymore.

Even when she came to the Station early in the morning to see almost half of the officers were sprawled out on the dojo, their hands holding bottles of beer and liquor.

"Okay, I'm not picking them up from the floor." Kusahara immediately said as he raised his hands in the air. "I don't want to get puked on by hangover officers. I just got my uniform newly tailored this week." He said as he attempted to walk out of the dojo but Shizuku grabbed him back by his uniform.

"Nori-san." the girl huffed. "Come on, help me. They're your colleagues!" she said as she went over to the first few bodies piled up near the door where the two were standing. How the officers managed to tangle themselves together like thread, Shizuku didn't know and she knew that she doesn't want to know.

"Can I not?" the older male asked as he crouched down on the ground, poking one of his coworkers' face with a long finger. "They look too out of it to even notice that we're here. I'm not even sure if they're alive."

"Most of them are just drunk and unconscious. None of them are dead, at least." Shizuku sighed as she pulled up a body from the floor and let him lean against the wall. "What happened yesterday?"

"I'm not sure." Kusahara replied. "We were at the Dome yesterday. Hijikata-san and the others were there." he hummed before he suddenly remembered something.

"Ah, Hijikata-san did say that most of the officers stayed back because of a stomach bug."

Shizuku's face suddenly turned deadpanned.

"Literally, what part of this looks like a stomach bug?" she said with a huff, placing her hands over her hips. "These guys were clearly slacking off and made up an excuse not to go yesterday. Where even is Kon-," her eyes suddenly caught sight of a tanned male with spiky dark hair by the corner of the room.

An irk mark appeared on Shizuku's head.

"Can I kill my boss on the first day?"

"Whoa! Hold on, hold on!" Kusahara suddenly raised his voice as he raised his hands in front of him for the second time that hour. "Do it at night. His body would be easier to bury. I know that I'm the one who's going to do it so could you make it a bit easier for me, at least?"

"Wow, I didn't know that you got that wild side in you, Shizuku."

Shizuku and Kusahara immediately looked behind them and saw Hijikata standing there with a cigarette trapped in between his lips. Okita seemed to be closely following behind him, seemingly looking like he also overheard the two's conversation with each other.

"Hijikata-san, Okita-san, hey!" Shizuku immediately greeted with a wave, completely acting as though nothing happened.

"Are we seriously going to ignore the fact that you just said you wanted to kill our boss?" Hijikata deadpanned.