Part 4 - First day

Zaylee pov:

We are standing in front of SYE. We looked up to see this magnificent building, we couldn't see where it ended.

Finally the day came!!! We couldn't believe our eyes that we were actually going to work here in this amazing building.

We held our breath and entered the building. The ground floor was actually just a waiting floor I would say.

When we entered the building, two security guards came to us. They checked us and our bags. Then, they allowed us to proceed further. Other security came towards us and asked our purpose at SYE. We told them that we are going to be interns here. They gave us a badge, written interns and asked us to proceed in a lift to reach second floor. The security guys then informed at the second floor that two interns were coming to second floor by their walkie.

We entered the lift. Well, the lift was not like lifts in general. I guess since the building has so many floors, and so that staffs or people not be bored, the lift had some mini games and was very colourful and had some extraordinary pictures of some countries.
We were more excited than ever.
We reached the second floor and as soon as the lift opened, two more security guys were in front waiting for us. They guided us till the receptionist and they left.

Wow so much security that I started feeling like a VIP.

The receptionist greeted us and asked us to wait in the opened area.
The reception itself was very spacious and we could hear some soft music. It smelled so sweet, don't know what they use to spray.

The receptionist asked us to be patient. Well there was three more persons in the waiting area. I guessed they were interns too.
The receptionist was according to me some kind of overdressed. Who dresses like this to come to work. So much red lipstick. As if she came for a date!!

After she left, we were only five in the room. We smiled at each other and we were hesitating to talk to each other.
We look at our surroundings, and we saw the history of SYE in timetable for and pictures.
We saw how SYE started with just a small building and how it is now.
We saw the founder's picture Mr Edward with his wife Mrs Sylvia and read the journey of SYE.
It was very motivating to see how this company was founded by Mr Edward at the age of nineteen only. The company was then named after him and his wife

Afterwards, when their son was born, he changed the name and added his son's initial also. I saw so much love in Mr Edward's eyes for his family.
Silly me, I started analysing pictures also.

To break the silence, I introduced myself to the others. They were also interns in the accounting department like William and I. They were Sara, Mario and Laura.

After a few minutes, three people came to us. They were the HR officer and two from our department for internship.
They divided us in two departments.
Laura and me were in same department.
Mario, Sara and William were together.

I was sad because William and I were separated. He would be in thirteenth floor and me in twenty fifth floor, in the twenty sixth floor, was the CEO's office.

The head of department introduced Laura and I to others in the department.
We were made aware that our department got direct contact with the CEO and we were responsible for everything in accounts of the company.
This made me a bit scared as the department was of so much importance, however,  I was excited to learn new things.
Laura seemed to much excited but never mind. We were from same department now, so I had to socialise with her and others ( my biggest problem). I started missing William.
Our department where I was consisted of only 10 people, plus two of us, making it twelve.
The other ten work here since 25 years they told. Maybe that's why they are responsible for the entire accounts and get direct contact with the CEO. So much loyalty and confidence.....

Well, the next we had our lunch in the mess and since it was our first day, we were allowed to go home after lunch. So William and I went straight to home after that, still thinking about the environment of SYE and we had to tell Peggy everything. Just the day ended and we waited for tomorrow...