CHAPTER XV: Advance-Through

Miguel's skull was pulsating as it had started to inflame, and his right eye was bruised and blackened. His vision was blurred due to the blood loss. His heart palpitated in irregular beats, and he clenched his left side of his mouth as he tried his best confronting his pulsing concussion while fixating his eye's on Kaiser. Miguel said "Don't move or I'll kill you." Inch by inch or second by second, Miguel's pain started to subside. Kaiser simply said "Dumb ass." Miguel asked "Where's Nico and where's Kasier?" Kaiser responded" Booth are as good as you are right now." Kaiser continued "Don't make me regret helping you now kid." Miguel did not hesitate anymore and shot a few round's of bullet's at him, but to no avail he was still standing up. The bullet's passed through him like liquid. Kaiser turned his head away from Miguel and headed out to the backyard past the sliding door's. Miguel yelled out to him "Wait!"

The day was over as the sky began to bruise and darken. Kaiser had slid the door shut behind him right before he could hear the front door unlocking. Miguel attempted to limp his way outside and try not to fall on his knee's to avoid more pain. It was unnerving, to be in such a situation knowing Nico's father was coming home. Pain winced in his chest as the salty tears ran through to his trembling mouth. Her father, Daniel, worked as a mechanic and he would usually come home at a certain time just so that he could see his family. Her father placed the lunch pale on the floor as he retrieved the key's attached to the door knob before closing it.

He walked over to the kitchen to greet his wife after Inhaling what smelled like beef stew and good old Mexican rice. It didn't take to long for him to realize that something felt off around the house. It felt dimmer and empty, as if nobody was home. He paused as he heard grunts from the kitchen growing louder as he noticed Miguel trudging toward the sliding door's and dark blood on the gun he was holding. He said "Hey, Miguel what are you doing here?" Miguel didn't respond. Daniel continued as he paced his way closer to him " Miguel, what's going on here?" Once in the kitchen, he saw his wife motionless on the floor, and under his breath muttered to himself "Good lord." Miguel trudged through and grabbed the handle slidding the door open. The cool air hit him as it made him tremble a little bit more. Through the throbbing pain in his head and the vertigo he noticed that there was a thin trail of pollen leading somewhere to the right side of the house. Daniel knelt down to his wife and said " Mi vida, que paso, esta's bien?" His eye's rapidly scanned her general appearance hoping not to find any wounds on her body. Miguel followed the trail in hope's of finding the person who was impersonating Kaiser.

Daniel was on the phone calling 911. He got up next to his wife and went outside to find out what Miguel had to do with all this. Daniel said to his wife "I'll be right back sweet heart." She was unconscious but still breathing. He checked her vital signs thoroughly before leaving her side. The cold wind found it's way inside the house while a few dried leave's went past the open door, and other's dispersed into fragments as he made his way outside. He carefully reached over to Miguel who was kneeling down on the grass. Daniel said "Hey what's going on? Are you alright? Miguel?" Miguel winced in pain as he began pointing toward the roof of the house. Daniel looked up at the roof of his house to see the dark clouds intermixing with the clouds of dusk. A strange orange car was hovering 15 feet above the surface of the roof. Daniel saw his daughter through the window along with other men inside as it started to rise higher into the sky. Miguel said "They have your daughter in there sir." Daniel was in disbelief at what he was seeing. He muttered "No. Not my daughter..."

The cab positioned itself above the backyard and slowly lowered until the blades of grass swayed and the tree's lining the perimeter did so as well. Daniel grabbed the gun that Miguel was holding and aimed it at the passenger side of the cab. He yelled out "Give me back my daughter before I kill all of you!" The side passenger door swung open and a Kaiser fell 13 feet above the floor side first. His hair blew along with the blades of grass while he remained motionless on the ground. Daniel saw that a odd white raccoon was sitting in the passenger seat looking down at him before the door closed as the cab angled itself toward the west. He shot about 7 rounds at it before he realized he was acting on the accord of confusion. He yelled out Nico's name multiple times as neighbors began to peer past the wall's, but the cab was already gone and was heading toward an unknown direction. He jumped and wailed in hope's his distress would help him save his daughter, but he was too late now. He felt the dew on his knee's from the storm the night before as he clenched and shook his head in disbelief. On the phone the 911 operator called out for an answer, but the only audible noise were sounds of him sobbing.