CHAPTER VI: Punishment for Phantasia

The curtains disabled the morning light from going into Samuel's bedroom. He turned on his phone and looked at the time. It was 6:45 AM. A picture of Angel and his mother was his background picture. It was taken 6 years ago when Angel was 12. Angel had grown exponentially since then he figured. He wanted to cry as he tried hard to repress the days when she was alive. 

He walked over to Angel's door and peeked inside. He laid asleep covered in his white bed sheets. Messy floor full of water bottles and crumbled pieces of paper. He was alive. Samuel went closer into Angel to caress his face. He looked around the room. He was only inside his bedroom when Angel was gone or asleep.  He noticed that Angel had the same eyes as his mother. The same thick eyelashes, the same brown hair, and the same hazel color in his eye.

He closed the door behind and tried to be as quit as he could. He then walked over to the kitchen. Camilla poured dark coffee into his cup as the sun rose. She looked at him from the other side of the kitchen as she leaned on the counter top. She sported a robe and a pair of chanclas. He looked back at her and noticed that something was going on in the back of her mind, as if she knew something was happening.
He began to sign " Are you alright?" She nodded with arm crossed. He looked down at his coffee. She walked over to the table and took out a piece of paper and placed it in front of him. He looked  at her in confusion. She signed " Read it please." She rested her hand on cheeks as she stood there standing. 

Samuel pushed the call button on his truck's monitor screen. He had barely dropped off Angel and was in a hurried rush. Angel noticed that he had put the pedal on the metal looking back as the truck maneuvered past traffic. Angel felt terrified almost. "Father must know about the raccoon"'. Angel didn't know why he didn't say anything. He's not supposed to know since the raccoon tried to use the leaves to prevent him from finding out. It was common sense to trust himself and his intuition. If he played his cards right he can take advantage of the stupid raccoon and its stupid ways of living, but the question remained. Was I a bad person for making this decision? What is father going to think of me?

Samuel was far enough from Angel to not arise any suspicions he believed. The call was forwarded to voicemail. He attempted again. On the screen" Detective Orlando" appeared. "A man's love comes from the heart?" those were the words that came into his head, Jasmine's words . The phone picked up " Hello this is Orlando's office how may I help you" the voice of a nice young lady had said. Samuel let out a secret message into the open air " I would like to report a 45 and its for my son." "Please hold sir." the phone went silent for a minute.

The sound of the phone being lifted was heard as a man with a deep voice said " How's it going Samuel."

Samuel responded instantly" Orlando I really need your help.''

Orlando took a moment to answer before he said " Huh a 45, so the raccoon is back then, can you give some more detail?" Samuel responded.

 " It happened yesterday, I saw my son Angel go into the mirror thing before the damn raccoon tried to make me go blind. Somehow my sister saw the damn thing giving some of the honey that it uses to persuade people."

Orlando responded " What about your son is he fine?" Samuel responded " Yeah, he's good." Orlando said " Alright, do's he know that you are aware of the raccoon's presence?" "No...I think" Samuel responded. Orlando continued " It's very important that he doesn't know, I will keep in touch with you Samuel." The call was ended.

Samuel continued driving," The love of a man come's from bottom of his heart" those were the words that he couldn't forget.

Camilla walked to church from home. She went through the large doors and walked down the quite aisle. The trips to the church were common but today she had the sudden urge to pray in  God's house. It was 11 in the morning with thick grey clouds and the late winter winds making her appreciate her sweater and white scarf . Sitting in the third row in the aisle of seats, the Holy cross was above her as the sunshine began to pour through the mosaic window's. She prayed " Heavenly mother of God, please guide a messenger to my nephew so he does not have to repeat the sins that my mother in law had once. Please all mighty lord don't let the wicked soul of the raccoon lead my nephew into the path of damnation. I pray that he will always come back to us in the affinity of your home. Amen." She made a cross around head with her right hand.