CHAPTER XIII: LANCE of LIFE

April 15th 2025

The world of Eldon was full of vicious beauty comparable to that seen in fairy tale's, but contaminated with the influence of the human world's conception of greed. This undermined value plagued the shadows of this vast world. Eldon in all it's glory was a masterpiece of supernatural wonder. The refugee's that roamed it's vicinity resembled animals such as raccoons, vermin, red panda's, hedgehogs and any animal that sought after the golden fruit. The location of the fruit was at the top of a ladder that signified prosperity through tribulation. At the top of the ladder was Queen Alexandria of Eldon. While at the very bottom were sewer dwellers rats and low life criminal who are too afraid to be caught for the known cruel punishments inflicted on those who break the law's ingrained in the very core of it's society. The raccoon was born out of this corruption which brings fear to it's inhabitants beyond dimensions. The Queen, while the benevolent ruler of the land has not been seen by the citizens of Eldon for the last 15 years ever since her first and only child was born. She who goes by the name of Ezra is nearing the age of 15 and is destined to take part in a vow to have a partial title of the Queen of Eldon until she goes through matrimony and til the former queen is deceased. The day of any of that occurring is off into the distance of the future since the average life of a Eldon inhabitant is 124 years, and a being from royal blood has been reported to live up to be the age of 220 years compared to the average life span of human's. Yet all those who were either naturalized or sought asylum from the cold ravages of planet earth kept their devotion to the lady. In hopes of transcending into "the big one's".

She pressed her face against the window to connect the loud noise and her rude awakening that Sunday afternoon. It had been a car crash right in front of the street of where she lived. Everyone around the block including all the neighbors spanning seven houses over peered over there fences and witnessed the monument of the pickup truck on top of the sedan that evening. The lady in the sedan was unconscious, but still breathing. Nico's father talked with the other resident's. Her mother chatted with the local neighbor ladies while holding the sleeping baby in her arms. This wasn't the first time a car crash like this happened. Several accident like these across the city have woken up neighbors around around midnight. Many have been serious, but none fatal thankfully. The ambulance came after passerby's had taken the lady and her baby out of the car who fortunately was not hurt. The man in the truck was taken to the hospital, but everyone knew that he would have to been going to jail for what he did, they all did. They called it the new drug epidemic, the talk of the town. Nico had seen it with her own eye's the evening she was out with her friends. Groups of depressed looking junkies huddled at parks and dark alleyways consuming lards of honey. Some even thought of injecting the stuff through their veins.

Honey, like just eat the stuff not injecting it through your veins.

To no ones surprise it also spread to the school level.

Her father and mother talked to Nico and her younger sister that night about the danger happening in the city. He said "You two have to be more careful around here, anything could happen and it could get booth of you killed." Their mother said " And if you two see anything then you girls have to tell us because we are lucky to have a community who take care of each other." The youngest, Ashlee, said with full step on the gas coming out of nowhere like a comet the size of a mountain said "I heard one of Nico's friends was on, I mean drinking the honey..." She said it with a straight face. Nico with a gaping hole in her face responded "Where did you hear that?" She responded "My friends mom told her that this boy named Angel Lopez sell's honey cause he's been acting real weird around school." Their parents looked at Nico in disbelief. Their mother said "After what we just told you, why haven't you told us? Nico shook her head and said "Hey wait, this is the first time I'm hearing about this too you cant blame me." Her father said " You should know better than to hang around drug addict." Nico said "He's not a drug addict." Her mother said " Still you should set an example for your sister and stay away from those drugs." Nico was angry at her sister now. A little angrier than usual, but she didn't know much of the situation. Which troubled her more.