CHAPTER XV-2: ADVANCE'

The end. The passage of time seeps through the veins. In the airways. The air. The wind. The sky. The water. The mind and even the eternal soul. In the end is death. The beginning is our first breath, and our first sip of water. Our first taste of food, and our fear of death which in the end was always there.

Detective Orlando was in the bathroom throwing up in the toilet that morning. He had a woman over last night and he had drinking all through the night until he passed out at 3 am. At 51 yrs old he was still participating in 21 year old himself activities and didnt plan on giving in till his body did. His mind was bruised and his back pained more than usual. He maneuvered his way out of the restroom past the hall and into the kitchen. There he squeezed two slices of an orange and a half pint of tomato juice into a clear glass cup. He drank his morning hangover relief as the woman from his night time jubilee came from his bed and walked over to his kitchen trying not to vomit again. Her orange wood tinted frizzed hair fell from the right side of her face and toward the ground. Orlando said to her " What a night right?" She had the only slept 3 hours face after knocking out at 4 in the morning and getting up at 2 in the afternoon. She leaned against the black quartz counter with her hand. "I've never felt so sick." He held a cup of the juice to her and said "This'll help you out." She pulled out a light wooden chair and sat on it near the counter. She grabbed the cup and pressed a small amount on her lips and tasted it with her tongue. He said "It's not the best but it'll get rid of the hangover." They booth chugged it up like it was still drinking time. Her breast protruded from her soft pink petal silk sleepwear as she sighed and cleaned her mouth with her sleeve. The detective had a hard time trying not to run his hands through her hair and kissing her before she puked, but he knew that this wasn't that kind of relationship. She was just a lone 24 year old with little money. He asked her "Do you want a ride home if I'm still a little woozy." She shook her head an smiled "I got my ride coming in a few minutes." She placed the empty glass on the table contemplating if she should get up to go to the bathroom. The detective said " Last night was fun, don't you think?" Her hair covered a portion of her face as she scratched the small crust around her eyes. She made another small head nod as she lifted her head and looked at him in the eye and said "Yah it was, well I was thinking maybe next time we could head over to a beach and try out whatever else you want. It'll be more fun."

The detective said "Ha I'll consider it, maybe a few of your friends could finally come over with us?" At that instant something was wanting to come up from her stomach as she ran over to the restroom as she said " Yeah, for sure...excuse me." He placed his drink down after he heard strong gagging sounds coming from the bathroom. He walked over to the door and knocked on it and said "Hey you alright in there?"

It was going to be 3 in the afternoon. She was already out the door changed and holding her Versace hand bag he had gifted her for her birthday a few months back. He waved at her as she walked towards the uber he got her. She waved from the backseat window as the car started moving toward the main street. Orlando locked her front door and went over to lay down in his bedroom. He grabbed the picture of his wife from the bottom drawer and placed it back on the top next to the lamp on the drawer. He looked at it as her young smile radiated back at him. He ignored the mess in the place just to have that time to cherish her.

After a few minutes he got back up and started cleaning up his room and making his bed. He looked at his phone and saw the last message from one of his old friend. He started a phone call with him, but it didn't go through and went directly to voice mail. The detective said "Hey Ralph, how have you been. How are the kids? I just wanted to see if your available tonight for a drink at that pub you were telling me about. Oh and about the kid *Sigh*, I haven't told him anything about the other girl and his friend. I don't know how he's going to take it. I thought maybe thing's would be getting better and lead there own way. I guess not... Well anyways. I'll leave you to it. Say hi to Mary and the kids for me. God bless. Take care."