20: Nanny

📝No copyright infringement intended.
📝Contains mature content.
📝For entertainment purposes only. No harm intended.
____________________

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Thank you for your cooperation and sorry to have bothered you during your meal. We'll investigate further and report what we find."

Wang Yibo was having his breakfast when two police detectives came to get their statement. And he answers their questions without problems. When done, the two detectives left, leaving Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan alone again in the VIP room.

"You really don't have any suspects..?" Xiao Zhan asked when the two officers left.

"No." Wang Yibo answers blankly. "Weren't you listening to what I told the detectives? I really don't have any leads."

Xiao Zhan remembers his conversation with Min Shan again. Could it be that he was the one who ordered those thugs?

"You have something you want to say?" Xiao Zhan asked Wang Yibo when he caught the latter staring at him immensely.

"This right here." Wang Yibo while pointing at his right shoulder.

"I don't know who it was but it feels like someone twisted my arm so badly that it's simply refusing to move today. It hurts too much. I don't think I can eat with this arm." Wang Yibo complains while Xiao Zhan narrows his eyes looking at him annoyingly.

You despicable human being!!!

"Responsibility lies with you. So, I expect your full cooperation."

Xiao Zhan sighs. Here we go again.

"And how do you want me to take responsibility?"

"Feed me." Wang Yibo demanded like a kid. Xiao Zhan looks at him puzzled. Thinking if he heard the right thing.

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up and sit down."

Wang Yibo moves a little bit and he pats the space beside him where he wants Xiao Zhan to sit excitedly.

"You don't seem to be hungry, might I suggest you starve to death."

*knock*

*Knock*

Da Zhang Wei opens the door slowly as he speaks softly, making the two people inside stop bickering and shift their heads to look at him.

"Sir, you have a visitor". Da Zhang Wei informs.

"Zhan-ge!" Lusi pops out from Da Zhang Wei's back and happily waves her hand to her brother. Xiao Zhan on the other hand wonders why his sister was there.

"I brought Mom along as well." She added while smiling widely. Just a middle aged woman shows herself looking pretty worried.

Xiao Zhan's sister and mother brought them some homemade food. And they arranged it on the table. The mother and daughter can't hide their amusement upon seeing the VIP room. Especially Lusi who gasps and her mouth shapes an 'o' look. Her eyes roaming around the whole room.

"I'm worried the hospital food might be a bit bland, so I made some food. But it looks like I worried needlessly. I wondered if I shouldn't have bothered." Xiao Mari stated. Looking at some food that's already been prepared on the table.

"Of course not. They may look tasty but it's nothing compared to the sincerity in your cooking, ma'am." Wang Yibo said while smiling sweetly. Thinking it would be to his great benefit if he can get Xiao Zhan's mother in his favor.