3: Frigid

📝No copyright infringement intended.

📝Contains mature content.

📝For entertainment purposes only. No harm intended.

____________________

3RD PERSON'S POV

Clothes are scattered all over the floor. And two bodies were lying down on the bed, legs entangled with each other. Wang Yibo's arms wrapped around Xiao Zhan's naked body while his face was buried on Zhan's back. Both are tired from the activity they had last night.

Wang Yibo was the one who woke up first. He stretched his arms and yawned sleepily. He turns to the other side of the bed – where Xiao Zhan is sleeping peacefully. He lays down again and snuggles to Xiao Zhan. He was feeling lighthearted, this is the first morning he wakes up feeling warm. He plans to sleep more because it is the weekend and they won't be disturbed all day today... or so he thought.

*DINGDONG*

*DINGDONG*

*DINGDONG*

Wang Yibo tried to ignore this person who is disturbing his 'rest time'

*DINGDONG*

*DINGDONG*

Hell! Wang Yibo gets up and wears his t-shirt and checks who is causing such a disturbance.

"So why are you naked? You're always going on about how you're going to freeze to death any day now." the disturbing person starts to nag seeing him shirtless. It was Cho Seung Youn–Wang Yibo's friend and a doctor.

Cho Seung Youn invited himself in. Putting his bag in the center table and pulling out his medical equipment.

"Didn't get any sleep last night? You look really grumpy." He commented. Wang Yibo glared at him.

Seung Youn, "Even if you're not feeling well you should stop frowning. I came all the way here on my busy schedule, you know." He put a thermal scanner into Wang Yibo's ear and after it beeped he took it out. He sighed, he was not hoping for a miracle to happen. Like Wang Yibo's temperature would rise out of nowhere.

"Anyways just try to be careful so your temperature doesn't drop any further." Seung Youn worriedly reminded his friend but he was shocked after seeing the numbers on the scanner screen.

"What?" Wang Yibo asked after seeing Seung Youn's reaction.

Seung Youn runs towards Yibo and almost hovers on top of him as he tries to take another test.

"What?" Yibo's with his irritated expression. "What is it?"

"It's the same, is this thing's malfunctioning?" Seung Youn asked himself and repeatedly took Wang Yibo's temperature.

"What the hell! Knock it off! Get off me will you!" Yibo hissed and pushed Seung Youn away.

"Your temperature went up. This has never happened before." Cho Seung Youn mumbles, holding his chin and thinking deeply.

"Could this be your body's final struggle before it shuts down? If so, this could be a warning sign. As a matter of fact, something horrific is happening within you in the next few days." He concluded.

"Thanks for going over your dreadful prognosis right in front of me," Wang Yibo said, being done with his friend.

"Your body temperature rising is great news but there is no logical explanation for it. Do you have any clue as to what might have caused it? For example, something you ate?"

"Who knows." Wang Yibo answered with a smirk. He only thought maybe he just felt a little warm. But actually his temperature really rose. He remembers his new bodyguard, Xiao Zhan.

Could it be because of him? Wang Yibo asked himself.

Wang Yibo's body is incapable of feeling warmth. And there is no mention or explanation about it in medical fields. Whether it's the flowery spring or the scorching hot summer, winter chill was the only thing that his body could experience. He couldn't even get any sleep due to the cold. Heaters and fireplaces proved of no use for him. He lived his entire life believing he was fated to live out his days shivering in the cold and it would stay that way for the rest of his life.

But after he met Xiao Zhan, it changed. He felt warm and this time he didn't wake up in the middle of the night due to the cold and he is feeling warm till now. Or could it really be that something's changed within him. Maybe he could feel warm if he maintains physical contact with someone.

"Hey, Seung Youn," he called for his friend after having a thought. "Give me your hand for a sec." Seung Youn stares at him questionably.

"Are you really okay?" Seung Youn asked worriedly again. He knows his friend doesn't want to be touched or to touch anyone. "They say if someone shows too much change in a short period it means they're close to dying."

"Shut up and just give me your hand." Yibo retorted.

As Wang Yibo expected, he doesn't feel a damn thing. Then he snaps Seung Youn's hands away.

"Enough! Get your hands off me. It's disgusting!" he hissed.

"Ehh? But you're the one who asked me to."

"You're done here right! Then leave."

"Hey! I only took your temperature. There's plenty more I need to check, you know. Oww!" he yells in pain as Wang Yibo stomps his left foot and intentionally steps on him.

"When I ask you to leave – leave!"

"You little shit! Hey! Wang Yibo wait!" Seung Youn shouts, still squatting on the floor rubbing his foot. Wang Yibo didn't even bother to look back as he walked towards his bedroom.

"Get back here! I am not going to leave until you come back!" but all Seung Youn's words were put in deaf ears as Yibo slammed the door closed.

WANG YIBO'S POV

As soon as I entered the bedroom I saw Xiao Zhan already awake.

"You're already awake? I was planning to let you sleep a while longer. You had it rough last night." I said after seeing him getting off the bed. I walk closer and crawl towards Xiao Zhan, he then pulls the blanket and quickly covers his totally naked body.

"Oh come on, what are you hiding? We've already shown each other everything, right?" I teased him as I leaned closer.

"My apologies, but can you please let me get dressed?" He asked not even looking at me.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" I reached his cheeks and tub my hands against it and felt the warmth again.

As I expected, he is the only one that I can feel warmth with. And the closer I get, the warmer I become. I want to get closer

"G-get off me!" he leans backwards avoiding my face as I bend down. Then he suddenly grabbed my wrist and I was taken by surprise. Before I could even react, I already felt my body being lifted and flying off as he threw me off the bed. And I fell on the floor with my back and I think I heard a crack sound.

"AAAAHH! MY BAAAACCKK!!!!"