42: Consolation 🔞

📝No copyright infringement intended. 

📝Contains mature content. 

📝For entertainment purposes only. No harm intended. 

____________________

[a/n: you've seen the warning sign right? Hehe it's just a prank.  Joke. The last part of this chapter contains some... *ehermm* *cough* *cough*.. y'all already know that. Skip if you feel uncomfortable.. I bet you wouldn't..😈😈😈

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

It's been a week since I handed off the USB to Min Shan and I haven't received any more instructions since. And no other threats have been made against President Wang.

But I can't let my guard down just yet. I can't relax just yet, it's too early to tell. Min Shan is such a scheming person and who knows what is under his sleeves.

But once I am certain that President Wang's life is no longer in danger. I will resign. But right now it's too early to feel safe because I can't be certain if they won't try anything that will put his life at risk again.

I sighed heavily while staring at the resignation letter that I had already prepared. I just want to make sure that he is safe.

I know resigning is cowardly and it won't change anything. It won't change the fact that I betrayed Wang Yibo. But I don't know what else I can do.

3RD PERSON'S POV

"For a company that boasts top security to have their data leaked, that's simply inexcusable. How could anyone ever think about investing in such an unreliable company that can't even tighten their security like this?" Min Shan remarked.

Min Shan was having a meeting with the young CEO of the company his company and Wang Yibo has been fighting over for. Though they have other companies as their competitors, Wang Yibo's company is the only threat to Min Shan.

So now he is trying all his means to ruin Wang Yibo's name, emphasizing how his company's data got leaked. Of course he knows the reason behind that. In fact he was the one who's behind all that.

Min Shan is a person that doesn't play fair. And that would only show how incompetent he is.

"Which is why I'd like to make a proposal." He then adds while placing a folder on the table and slides it towards the young CEO's side. "Invest in our company instead. We're more than happy to meet your conditions for the other competitors, or sweeten the deal further if you prefer."

The young CEO glanced at the folder, straightened his head and said, "I'll read this over and consider your proposal."

"I hope to hear from you soon then." Min Shan replied with a smile. Of course you can say he was happy. Happy coz he knows he will surely get the project.

After the meeting with Min Shan the young CEO also met with President Wang Yibo.

"And so... I would like to cancel our prior agreement on the investment plans." The young CEO declared.

Wang Yibo remained silent and sighs heavily.

"Xiao Zhan! Once the contract is signed, we'll be having company dinner! Tell me everything you'd like to eat tonight!" Da Zhang Wei asked Xiao Zhan cheerfully.