45: Conflicted

📝No copyright infringement intended. 

📝Contains mature content. 

📝For entertainment purposes only. No harm intended. 

____________________

3RD PERSON'S POV

After buying things Wang Yibo asked Xiao Zhan to, he headed back to the former's place.

"It's only May but it's so hot." He commented as he fwips his hands on his face , making it as a fan as he felt really hot. Adding to the hot weather,he's even wearing a sweatshirt.

Maybe I should go home and fetch some summer clothes though I ought to quit this job soon. He thought to himself as he hadn't brought summer clothes.

Xiao Zhan was close to Wang Yibo's unit when he stopped on his tracks.

Ugh.. what timing. Xiao Zhan can't help but to feel a bit awkward seeing President Wang's older brother coming his way.

Is he already going home...? He asked himself.

Xiao Zhan bowed to Haikuan as he walked past to the former and he just ignored XiaoZhan. But when Xiao Zhan took a step forward he heard him calling his name.

"Xiao Zhan," he said. "That's your name, right?" Haikuan asked when Xiao Zhan turned around and faced him.

"Uh, yes..."

"I believe we've never properly met despite this being our second time seeing each other." He stated the fact.

"Yes, that's true." Xiao Zhan answered again and Haikuan just looked at him e then extends his hand saying,

"As you may have already realized, I'm Yibo's older brother. My name is Haikuan."

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Xiao Zhan." Xiao Zhan also introduced himself and took his hand for a handshake.

What's this? I thought there'd be something special going on. Haikuan in his thoughts as he stared at their hands.

What does he really expect? Well, that's because of the things Wang Yibo told me earlier. About him feeling warmth only from Xiao Zhan.

He feels like an ordinary man. Haikuan commented in his thoughts.

"Uhm.. can you let go now?" Xiao Zhan broke the awkward silence that made Haikuan retreat from his thoughts.

He's gripping a little too hard for a simple handshake. Xiao Zhan commented in his thoughts. Feeling more awkward with the way Haikuan gripped his hand.

"Excuse me" -Xiao Zhan

"Then... I hope you'll take good care of my brother." Haikuan stated with a sigh. I have a lot I'd like to say but...

"Ah, of course. Please take--" Xiao Zhan didn't even finish what he wanted to say because Haikuan already turned around and left. "...care" he added but almost a whisper.

Xiao Zhan stared at his shaking hand. It seems like Haikuan really hates him.

Haikuan on the other hand stepped out of the building where his younger brother resides.

If only Yibo hadn't said all that! he thought. bringing his hand on his right ear and rubbing it.

Earlier...