36: Protecting

📝No copyright infringement intended. 

📝Contains mature content. 

📝For entertainment purposes only. No harm intended.

____________________

3RD PERSON'S POV

It's been hours after office hours already, and everybody left for home but Min Shan stayed at his office, not because he had something to do but he was just actually thinking deeply. Holding a frame with the photo of Xiao Zhan and him.

A photo of them together back on the day that Xiao Zhan won his championship. Xiao Zhan was so happy back then and it was evident in the photo. How big his smile is and how his eyes sparkled. And so was he.

They were happy back then.

But everything changes. It changes after Min Shan discovered Xiao Zhan's real identity.

Earlier. When Min Shan went to meet his mother. He was really shocked upon the revelation.

"Leave it to me, mother." Min Shan intoned, making his mother stop in her trance. She turned around and eyed her son.

"This case, leave it in my capable hands." He added as he stood from his seat and walked towards his mother who was eyeing on him.

"Min Shan, you want to take care of it?" She asked, still eyeing her son. She must've been doubtful, she knows how her son got close to that child - Xiao Zhan.

"You've had your hands full dealing with problems like this for all these years. You can rely on me to take care of matters like this now. I'll take care of everything for you, mother.

This must have caused you considerable concern. How about going on a trip? I want to make it up to you by setting everything up so you can enjoy yourself with your friends.

It'll be my way of making it up to you for getting in your way." He smiled at his mother. Doing his best to convince his mother.

"W-well... it was becoming quite a nuisance to take care of it myself. It's certainly a very welcome proposition, but.. are you sure? I thought you're too busy"

"Of course. You don't need to worry about that, mother." Min Shan gave his mother a tap on her shoulder reassuringly.

"I'll take care of everything from now on so you won't have to worry about such things anymore. So trust me to handle this." He added looking very seriously.

MIN SHAN POV

I was fumbling in front of a fax machine waiting for a file, I needed to check it myself. I heard the beep sound and took the paper out and read it again.

So it's true. I thought. I just thought that mother was just confused. But to think that Xiao Zhan is the President's biological son and I'm actually the stepchild who bears no blood relation.

"I won't allow some bastard child to claw his way into our family. We already have one to deal with. It's best we nip in the bud considering the future at stake." I remember what my mother said earlier. I tightened my grip on a piece of paper that's in my hands , crumpling it.

How ironic. The fake is playing the role of the real son. While the real one knows nothing

If his lineage. Even the President probably doesn't know anything about this. That my mother brought him a complete stranger while claiming I am his son.