Chapter 14

PATRICK'S P.O.V
"Show tiimmmee!!" I shout as the last support act came off. We all said well done and got ready. Abbey was side stage watching her face filled with joy! The gores were down at the front of the stage so no one could see us. The enthusiasm from the crowd is amazing!! We all get into our positions. I give a thumbs up to everyone, to say good luck.

The gores fly up!
"PUT ON YOUR WAR PAINT!" I sing as I hear a massive cheer from the crowd. Wow, I love my life! Thought came to my mind as I was singing. This is why I do this, to make others happy.

ABBEY'S P.O.V
The show is going so well! It's almost finished but it'll be an event that'll stay with me forever! Hell, this whole trip will be a memory to stay. The song finishes. The crowd goes mental!!
"Okay, so this next song is called 'just one yesterday' " I hear Patrick say.
"Seems as foxes couldn't join us in this tour, we have a special guest in tonight" Pete finishes after.
"Please welcome Abbey Turner!" Andy shouts from the drums. My heart drops. I've always dreamt of this moment and it's becoming a reality!! I walk on stage, everyone looking at me. I start to feel self conscious. I'm not very good with things like this.
"Okay, so basically Abbey won a contest to come on tour for 3months with us and she's a singer song writer." Patrick says smiling at me. "so, I thought I'd invite out on stage to fill in for foxes" he finishes and gestures for me to go to the microphone. I walk hesitantly, not quite sure what to do with myself.
"It's okay Abbey, you'll be fine! You have an amazing voice." I hear Pete whisper to me. I reassured myself, took a deep breath and took the microphone out of the stand(so I could have more stage presence).
"I thought of angels, choking on their halos, getting drunk on rose water.." Patrick started. The adrenaline was getting bigger and bigger. "And clip their tiny wings" it came to my part. I started singing.
"Anything you can, will be held against you. So only say my name, it will be held against you. Anything you can, will be held against you, so only say my name" the crowd loved it. I was shocked. I never thought I was that good. For a whole stadium of people to cheer for you felt incredible!