I Like You

OIKAGE

"I like you."

Oikawa was annoyed and curious at the same time as to why Kageyama Tobio rang his door bell this late at night without prior notice.

But when he finally heard what the so-called genius setter had to say, he was speechless.

He stood still at a loss for words. He couldn't believe the words he had just heard coming out of once was his cute underclassmen and also rival's mouth.

It was only yesterday when Aoba Johsai volleyball team got beaten by Karasuno in Spring Interhigh Qualifiers and now he was getting confessed by the same boy who had this smug look going on his face when he saw Aoba Johsai lose the match.

Like, the audacity?

"Tobio-chan, is this some kind of prank? If it is, then you just crossed the line.."

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

Oikawa fell silent. His brown eyes bore into Kageyema's deep blue ones with shock, searching for a hint of mischief in it.

But when he found nothing of sort, he knew it was no laughing matter and Kageyama was drop dead serious. Still, he couldn't help but laugh.

Kageyama stared at him long and hard. When he saw there was no sign of Oikawa to stop from laughing any time soon, he rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly as he sighed.

"Well, that's how it is. I'll take my leave, then."

Oikawa looked down, only to be met with Kageyama's still as expressionless as ever face. He abruptly stopped from laughing and a deep frown creased his brow.

"Wait. That's it?"

"Uh.. yes? That's all I wanted to tell you."

"No. I mean.. you just confessed, right.."

"That I do."

"So, uh.." Oikawa's voice trailed off as he saw Kageyama tilted his head in confussion.

After a minute of silence looking at Oikawa's troubled and uncomfortable expression, realization crossed his features. Kageyama sighed for the second time.

"Relax, Oikawa-san."

Looked him straight in the eye, Kageyama flashed a genuine smile. A smile that Oikawa had never seen before as long as he had known him and it made his body tingling.

"I fell in love with you and confessed to you despite you hating me."

Oikawa listened to him silently. He felt his brain stuttered for a moment and his pupils dilated in disbelief. Every part of him went on pause while his thoughts catched up.

"Knowing well that I was playing a losing game, I'll decide how I handle my own feelings. So, you don't need to bother yourself with me, Oikawa-san."

Kageyama's smile turned into a smirk upon seeing Oikawa's reaction. The brunette stood still in shock for the umpteenth time with lips slightly parted and reddish cheeks.