A Night to Surrender

—FUTAKAGE—

(this story contains adult themes, strong language, and slight spoiler of the manga, reader discretion is advised)

"You're drunk, sir."

Futakuchi turned his head to the side when he heard a troubled voice of a bartender trying to stop a customer from drinking too much amidst the blaring sound of the music.

On the far left, he saw a young man. Despite the crispness of the suit he was wearing, the man inside wasn't that far out of high school. Against his smooth fair skin, his disheveled raven hair fell over his eyes.

Futakuchi stared at him in starstruck awe.

"What's wrong, Futakuchi?"

A slap on his back snapped him back to reality. Futakuchi leaned his head back when a sandy blond head popped into his line of sight, with brown eager eyes staring down at him in dismay.

"Nah. Just saw a bug."

Kamasaki followed his gaze and found a young good looking man sitting alone at the bar a couple of seats away from them, clutching a bottle of booze in hand. "You punk! Still doesn't change, I see. If that good looking man over there is a bug, then what are you? A dust?"

Futakuchi scrunched his face in annoyance as Kamasaki threw back his head and let out a loud, humorous laugh while retreating back to his seat.

"What's with that face, you wanna fight, huh?"

Moniwa sighed, looking at the two just took half of his lifespan away. "Geez, cut it out, you both! We just barely managed to get together after a long time and you want to fight?"

Koganegawa nodded furiously in agreement with his senior. "That's right! That's right! Let's drink a bit more before we left!"

"No more for you. You're already drunk." Aone said with his usual stone face as he pulled Koganegawa's glass away from the younger.

"Boo. Boo. Not fun!"

Peals of laughter burst from the three when they watched Koganegawa started acting cute under the influence of alcohol.

Moniwa then raised his hand, signaling the bartender for a refill of his own. When the bartender got closer with his drink, a sigh escaped the bartender's lips.

"Why the sigh, master?" Moniwa asked, looking slightly worried.

The middle aged bartender exhaled one more long sigh, before he darted a worried glance at the same young man they all had been looking at just now.

"That young man just won't stop drinking. He's long wasted, but keeps on asking for more. I'm stuck.." There was a brief pause before he continued, "And I think it's because he just got his heart broken.."

They all looked at the raven haired man whose head resting on the bar counter, completely drunk. Just then, Aone jolted from his seat, making the others stared at him in confusion.

His usual stoic face looked a bit shocked. With narrowed eyes, he pointed at the man. "He.. he.. looks familiar."

"Oh, are you his acquaintance? Then, could you take him home for me?" The bartender sighed in relief.