Kageyama Tobio

—HOSHIKAGE—

"Then, be more surprised!"

Hoshiumi folded his arms and pursed his lips in annoyance, as a certain raven haired setter's lack of interest and reaction towards him irked him.

It was in order to prepare for what's coming in two years time, an invitation will be extended to the most promising U19 players throughout Japan to a Youth Intensive Training Camp.

Hoshiumi Korai was no exception. Being invited to the All-Japan Youth Training Camp, could only mean that he's one of the most promising players that were likely to go pro in the future.

Despite his small stature, he's terrifyingly very skilled. Hoshiumi was often underestimated, but once they saw him play, they were left with nothing but awe. And he's been living his life being pampered with praises and people fawning over him ever since.

The training camp lasted for two weeks and a week after it started, they were told that another new invited player from Miyagi would be joining them next week. And Hoshiumi was bursting with energy and enthusiasm, as he couldn't wait to surprise the newcomer with his incredible jump.

Only to be let down when the newcomer's reaction was not what he was expecting at all.

Kageyama Tobio, the genius setter from Miyagi, who was currently a 1st year student in Karasuno High School, was the very newcomer. And Hoshiumi's first impression of Kageyama, was a volleyball maniac whose self was overflowing with confidence.

Ten minutes into practice and Hoshiumi had managed to grasp of what kind of person Kageyama Tobio was. The ravenette always remained calm despite the pressures the opponent was putting on him, always stoic and composed.

The younger male was pretty much emotionless. Kageyama didn't make any reaction unless necessary or if it was something he really found intriguing, like anything that had to do with volleyball. He voiced his opinion so forwardly raw and honest, that it sometimes could hurt you eventhough he probably didn't mean it to be like that.

Kageyama was quiet towards people he didn't know and that made him difficult to approach.

But Hoshiumi didn't mind any of that. He confronted the raven head and despite the latter lacking in social skills, Hoshiumi found him a good person. That's when he was so determined in getting a reaction out of the expressionless Kageyama by showing off his high jump and powerful spike.

Kageyama reaction though, was quiet unexpected.

The raven haired setter was smiling at him, a very thin smile. But not a smile of amazement he usually got, rather it was a smile like he was already all too familiar with it. And for the rest of the play, no matter how much Hoshiumi demonstrated his astounding skills, the younger male's reaction remained the same.

He was the first.

Instead, Miya Atsumu was the one who managed to attract Kageyama's attention. The way the younger male grinned adorably stupid when he spiked the perfect toss from Atsumu, or how his eyes sparkled everytime Atsumu got a no-touch ace serve, Hoshiumi was pissed.

He never felt like this.

So when they were finished for the day, Hoshiumi walked over to Kageyama who was streching on the floor with Chigaya beside him. Kageyama looked up when he noticed the white haired male with eyes resembled that of a seagull was approaching him.