Chapter 10: her answer (reread the chapter its longer now)

Author note: I didn't like how the transitions were so I added more and changed a few things so please re read this chapter FriedaxReiss since I think you were the only person who read this before I unpublished it.

Kanoka stares in to Sakusa's eyes, the dark sea of nothingness with a glint of anticipation. She smiles and starts digging through her bag. Sakusa starts to get ansty, 'What is she going to pull out?'. He looks at her and then the bag and asks" What are you looking for," Kanoka looks at him and then goes back into digging, completely ignoring the question. Sakusa's eye brows furrowed as he kept staring at her search the purse. As she is searching Sakusa notices Kanoka's eyebrows wrinkled as she kept looking and looking for who knows what. Her eyebrows finally released and relaxed after about 30 seconds of searching for something. Sakusa stares at the bag desperate to find out what she was looking for. Kanoka then pulls out hand sanitizer....? This in no way shape or form had offended Sakusa, but why would she need that at a time like this?

Kanoka starts using the hand sanitizer, applying it to her roughed, but pale and silky looking volleyball hands. Sakusa just stares waiting in anticipation of what she was going to do.

Kanoka quickly finishes applying her hand sanitizer and puts it back in her bag. She then looks at Sakusa and smiles with her signature tilt and her hands placed together.

"Sakusa, I think you just like the idea of me. I'm telling you that this is just a simple crush that will eventually go away. Plus as both of us being part of V. Leagues going to the Olympics I think it would be better to stay as we are now." Kanoka took a deep breath in and continued, "plus we have only known each other for like a few days, so I haven't even been able to develop feelings for you."

Sakusa wanted to say something to her and say that her reasoning was stupid and that he really did like her, but the unthinkable happened. Kanoka grabbed Sakusa's hands, pulled him towards her, lifted both of their right hands while intertwining their left hands, and whispered in his left ear, "trust me you don't like me."

This caught Sakusa completely off guard. Sakusa was blushing, but since he was wearing a mask no one could see it. She was close, way too close. He could hear her breath, slow and steady breath. He could smell the hand sanitizer she just recently applied 'her hands feels good, her hands rough from volleyball, but so soft at the same time'. He noticed how their hands fit perfectly with one another and even though he was not usually comfortable with touching he found no issue with touching Kanoka even if she hadn't put hand sanitizer on.

He looked at her and then up at the ceiling. Although he liked Kanoka he didn't understand what she was talking about, if they were both going to play volleyball in the Olympics that would mean their schedules would probably align and they would share the same free days. He didn't understand what she meant by the idea of her, he didn't understand why she had mistaken his feelings for that, but he was sure of one thing. He loved her smile, the way she put her hands together, the way she would get nervous or flustered. He loved the way she was so happy that she was called short, loved that she played volleyball, loved her bursts of confidence that always went away within seconds. He hated the way any guy would get close to her, when her teammates treated her as a trophy they could claim, hated the dudes who asked for her autograph only to stare at her with no shame, he hated the Tanaka guy that she used to have a crush on, he hated seeing her cry. It finally dawned on him in that moment 'I'm in love Kanoka.'

——————

Kanoka has no idea what in the right mind told her to do that, but she regrets it. She may have gained confidence over the years, but who was she kidding this was out of pocket. Kanoka looks at him, '3 inch height difference is a lot now that I think about it, and why does his hands feel so nice? So pretty feeling if that even makes sense and his hands fit the mold of my hand really well.'

Only a few seconds have passed and Kanoka let go of his hands and stepped back. She started blushing and waving her hands in the air, "I'm so sorry, that was completely inappropriate and I will understand-" Sakusa walks up to her and grabs her hands intertwining them again and he whispers in Kanoka's ear, "trust me, I'm in love with you"