Chapter 4: how to piss someone off 101

The three amigos came early to practice just to ask about my date. As I was stretching, the amigos came up to me.

"How was your dateeeee?" Hinata asks, "fine." Bokuto then asks, "Was she pretty?" How the hell am I supposed to know your standards for pretty? I respond with it not up to me to decide, but of course, Atsumu had to say something.

"Do you think she was pretty?" My eyes widen for a moment and quickly return to their usual position. " Yeah I guess she is pretty, but thats from personal taste."

Atsumu put his hand on his chin, closed his eyes. Oh god, he is going to say something stupid. Atsumu then yells, "O MY, MAY I HAVE THE GIRL THAT HAS TAKEN OVER YOUR HEAD." Atsumu seemed to have winked, but I wasn't paying enough attention as I was engulfing the words he just put down my throat. Bokuto then joined him and whined, "But I want Kanoka-Channn." Hinata then makes a confused face asking why they were calling dibs on a girl that he thought I had claimed.

"Kanoka isn't yours or mine," I say to all of them, my usual tension building up more and more. "HEY HEY HEY ATSUMU COME SET FOR ME," Bokuto yells, his one-tracked mind back on track. Atsumu sighs and moans, "But what about Sakusa's love life?"

Bokuto's response truly did shock me and was causing my breaking point. "Sakusa won't have a love life for long since I already claimed her," as he winks to Atsumu. What the hell was with all this damn winking?!

Atsumu then retaliated, "Actually, she is mine, I'll meet her on Friday and make her fall in love with me!" They actually have some nerve to think Kanoka is going to fall for them. "She must be adorable that even Sakusa is interested~," Bokuto says as he seems to be thinking about what she looks like. Atsumu then adds, "Can't wait to see how cute she is~." I don't know if anyone could see it, but my anger was tripling in size.

Hinata whispers, "you guys are angering him..." Atsumu adds to the fire, "She must be the ideal girl who would totally fall in love with me~" I am done. "SHUT UP." "What's wrong?", Bokuto asks, and I swear it's an act with the innocent voice he is using, but I do not have time to pay attention to that. I continue to yell, "YOU ALL ACT LIKE SHE IS YOUR PROPERTY, AND IT PISSES ME OFF."

"Bingo," Atsumu says with a smug smirk. Fuck. "Tch," I turn my head to the side and look down. Hinata chirps in, "You guys really got him, I was falling for the act as well until I saw you guys wink twice one from each of you." How the hell did I not put two and two together and figure out that the winking was just so they could get their message across to each other. Bokuto grins, "All in a day's work of shipping."

I hate them. She isn't yours, she isn't mine, and it pisses me off that you act like she is your property. It makes me sick.

I walk towards the balls, grab one and start practicing my spikes. All the anger built up earlier isn't nearly finished, so my spikes were strong, loud, and likely even the best libero could not receive it. I did that for the rest of the day with no interruptions, and no one dared try to communicate with me. Komori picked me up and took me to my complex. I made it to my room and changed and laid in bed.

Kanoka is not mine, nor is she theirs. Kanoka is her own person who will not fall for those jerks tomorrow. She is coming to practice volleyball for me, and they are just extras. Kanoka... why does your name continuously stir something up, whether it is good or bad?

--------

Yesterday I asked the coach if I could skip practice to practice with Sakusa and his team. Luckily my coach liked two things: volleyball and "dates," but I told her it wasn't a date, but she didn't believe me. I get out of my apartment complex and see Sakusa waiting outside for me.

I wave, "Haiii," Sakusa responds with a simple hi. "I guess you are not a morning person, huh," I say as I lean to the right and hold my hands behind my back as I gave him a big smile. "Yeah, I guess, now let's go. My cousin should be here."

We start walking out of the complex, and we see a light-colored hair guy in a car. As we take our seats in the car, Sakusa starts talking. "Kanoka this is my cousin Komori. Motoya, Kanoka."

Komori then turns and waves at me, "Hi, thank you for putting up with his cold-ass. I know its a lot to handle." I shake my head, "oh no, really, it was fine; I really like hanging out with Sakusa anyway."

"Do you now?" Komori turns to Sakusa and cups his hand around his ear, whispering loudly, "She's a keeper Kiyoomi, this girl might be the only girl in the world who can stick with your 'down in the dump' personality." I gave out a tiny laugh as Saukusa gave one of his signature tchs.

We start driving towards our destination, and I make small talk with Komori. He was amusing to talk to and really cheerful. Luckily Komori has a more memorable face, so I recognized him as the best libero in high school from the magazine I viewed a few years back.

 --------

As Kanoka talked on and on with Komori, I got more and more pissed off. I don't know why, but her talking to my cousin with such a gleeful face makes me annoyed.

--------

Sakusa looks pretty annoyed right now, and I might know why. I should probably end this conversation quickly, but I kinda want her number just if I need to play matchmaker. Plus, she is amusing to talk to.

I ask, "Hey Kanoka, do you play volleyball?" Kanoka's face beams, "Actually, yes!" I then ask her what team she plays on, but she looks at Sakusa beforehand and whispers into my ear. "I play on Hikari Pharmaceutical Red Rabbits and as the top female Ace in the Japanese division. Sakusa still thinks I'm getting ahead of myself, thinking I have no chance of beating him," She says disappointedly as she looks down. I let out a quiet OHHHHHH, " No wonder I recognized you; I just couldn't pinpoint who you were! Beat him good for me, ok?" Kanoka gives me the most upbeat ok that I started smiling. Sakusa isn't saying anything, but I know he wants to say something about us whispering.

We finally arrive at Sakusa's practice, and I ask for Kanoka's number. We exchanged numbers as I felt my neck burn with the glares of Sakusa coming at me. After I get her number, I wave bye to both of them. This is going to be one long ride, huh, Kiyoomi?

Authors note: yes, you should vote, but you don't have to :)