Chapter 13

[It Is Well With My Soul]

Taehyung wakes up with a major headache. He is seriously not in the mood of everything. He needs picnic. He needs to get away from all of these. Now that he thinks about it, none of this matters. His uncle, his memories, everything is in the past. He really does not need to be concerned about it.

Taehyung steps down from his bed with a groan. He stretches his body and checks his phone. No new text messages.

"Thank angels, thank God," he says as he throws his phone back to the bed and walks out of his room. This is one of those days where he wishes to be invisible. So nobody would look at him or talk to him. He wants to hide.

On his way to the bathroom, Taehyung bumps onto Hoseok.

"Oops, careful baby," says Hoseok. He did not get to see Taehyung's expression as Taehyung was walking with his head down. Hoseok hugs Taehyung tightly and whispers to his ears.

"Goodmorning my dear dongsaeng, have a good night sleep?"

Hoseok waits for a reply but none comes. He peeks at Taehyung only to see him crying silently. Hoseok starts panicking.

"Hey Tae, look at me. Is there something wrong? Why are you crying darling?"

Taehyung tries to speak but he stops himself in doing so. Hope. Yes, that is the only thing he needs.

"Hey, it's okay." Hoseok holds both of Taehyung's palm and look directly into his eyes. Taehyung sees the love and the warmth of it all shines through his eyes. Oh, how he is glad that he has someone who is akin to the hope he wishes he has.

"Hyung, I don't want to talk about it." Taehyung cries. There is nothing wrong with it. It is normal for Taehyung to cry and shut his heart away. Is it not what all humans do when they are faced with problems that are bigger than them?

"It's okay Tae, I'm here when you need me." That might seems to be a textbook answer and it might seems wrong, but in truth, it is not. If someone came to another person and told them that they were afraid of the dark, the obvious solution is to tell them to turn on the light. But that does not and cannot rid of the fear but instead, push them away for only a period of time before it returns again. Sometimes the way to help, is just to be still and be there for someone. To say that there is nothing to worry about because even if in darknees I'll be there for you.

"Thank you hyung," says Taehyung as he gives Hoseok one last hug and walks towards the bathroom.

With all those thoughts Taehyung had with Hoseok. About keeping hope, about having someone to be there for him, about having faith. He looks at his reflection in the mirror and smiles because he knows if people are too terrifying for him to keep by his side, he has the angels above to protect him in his darkest time.