🌻☁️|| 𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜

requested: boticellimonet07

- HaruXGN!reader

This is so terrible, sorry in advance. Also, happy new year everyone 

➵➵➵

Y/n's P.O.V.

Phantom of the light, that's who I am known for. You see, that's my code name as I am a thief, and a very well known one at that. Though no one has seen my face, they know for sure to be careful when roaming the streets. I work for man who goes by the name, Arthur. He's a guy who wants stolen goods, just like, Fagin, from Charles Dickens' novel, Oliver Twist.

It's greedy yes, but we all know he's a kind guy deep down. We as in the others he took in, myself included, since we were orphans living on the streets. The elder male was the one who gave me the name, as for the others too. Reason being I have the code name that was chosen for me is because I steal things during broad daylight.

As for now, I am sitting on the bench, holding a newspaper right up to my face and pretending to be indulged into the daily news. When in reality, I am getting ready to strike once again. It's all about timing, one wrong move and it's all over. I'll be behind bars, just like a few other of my fellow bandit friends. That's one thing Arthur absolutely hates, any of his minions getting caught and thrown into the slammer.

Today I have been given another target to pickpocket, and apparently from the source I have read, the guy is a millionaire. Hopefully he doesn't have body guards or this will be a difficult task to accomplish. From what I know other than he's a millionaire is that he has black hair and is usually seen dressed in a suit. I've been waiting for more than an hour though, so I'm starting to think that he wont show up.

Not even a minute passes by and the said male walks by, along with what I am assuming is a potential friend, who has light brown locks. Maybe I can pickpocket both, the boss would be ecstatic getting more than he bargained for. Slowly but surely, I get up out of my seated position, after placing down the newspaper, and follow the pair to wherever they are heading. The two keep looking back every now and again, which is very suspicious. I understand someone doing it once or twice, but not all each time we are on a different road.

The two taller males walk faster with each given step, causing me to fall behind because of the sea of people that I have to squeeze by. Unfortunately, time I turn the corner that have went around, the only person I see is the brown haired male with his back facing me, with no sign of the man to whom is my target. This is my chance to steal whatever is in his pocket. 

Reaching out my small hand, I cautiously move it to his trouser pocket. Before I can even get close, he turns around and grabs my wrist and pins me to the wall in one swift motion. This is the least I was expecting, I've never been caught before in my life. Not even a moment later, the guy who I have been set to pickpocket walks around the corner, arms folded across his chest.

"Phantom of the light is it? Looks like we finally caught you." The male holding my wrist smirks, locking his beautiful golden orbs with my e/c ones. Well, looks like I am doomed. If I want to get out of this, I need to come up with a good lie. So without a second thought, I begin to cry.

"I-I am not them, no. I'm just an orphan looking for money and food to survive, and the only way I can do that is steal. Please forgive me, I'll never do it again." Tears fall down my rosy cheeks, whilst the two older men stare at me with puzzled looks. 'Heh, looks like it's working.'

"How much?" The guy with black hair speaks, whipping out some money from his pocket. On the other hand, the man pinning me to the wall looks really annoyed. Wonder why that is, perhaps because he's giving cash to a potential thief.

"How many times, Kambe! That's not the way you solve crimes!!" Oh bread crumbs, I am definitely in for it now. The rich male looks at me, asking the same question once again, only for me to remain silent. If I answer, the brown haired male may suspect me more than he does already, and being behind bars is something I don't want. 

"Could you let me go now, you are hurting me." I speak, sniffling a little. Letting out a sigh, the man with golden hues lets me go, apologising to me. Soon as he unlatches from my arm, in one swift motion, I stuff my hand down his pocket, quickly grabbing the first thing I feel before running off.

"Hey, get back here!" The guy I have just stolen from calls out, chasing me down the street. Looking back, I chuckle seeing how far behind the tall male is from me. For a detective, he sure is a slowpoke. Facing the front, I continue to run, not wanting to crash into anybody, let alone a brick wall, because that would hurt more than anything. After a few minutes pass by, something just doesn't feel right.

I decide to turn around, stopping in my tracks when I see that the brown haired male is no longer running after me. That's a relief, now I need to make my way back and somehow steal from my main target, it's why I was sent out. But a pair of strong arms throwing me over their shoulder stop me.

"Put me down this instant!! You have no right to pick me up like that, put me down or I'll call the police."

"Then why don't you, the police is right here." The familiar voice from earlier speaks, making a bead of sweat drip from my head. Looks like he was following me after all, but just kept hidden within the shadows or something. Reaching into my side pouch, while I'm still over his shoulder, the man retrieves his property, placing it into his pocket.

"Now it's time to take you to the station with all your buddies, Phantom of the light." Well, so much for being an undercover and secret thief.