🌻✨|| 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍

soulmate au: your whole world is all black and white from the moment that you are born, apart from your soulmate. once you meet them, the black and white world you once knew turns to colour

***

I kind of took the idea from Mr Love Queens Choice where one of the characters world is all black and white, apart from MC. I won't spoil it in case you want to play it or if someone here is playing it but hasn't reached that point in the game :)

Also, feel free to listen to the song while you read along

- HaruxGN!reader

➵➵➵

Your P.O.V.

Colour. It's always something I think about. What is it like? Is it any different from what we see now, from the moment we were born? Those around me who can already can see colour, describe it as something amazing and say once you see it, the world you once knew is gone.

Although I know the names of colours, it still gets me wondering, that's the reason why I love to listen to the song, What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, it really puts me at peace, telling me the colour of the sky above us.

"Y/n? Hello, come back to earth!" My co-worker, Zachary speaks, waving a hand in front of my face in hopes to get my attention. I shake my head, bringing me out of my thoughts and resort my attention to him.

"I-I am sorry, is something wrong?" I apologise, looking around me at the same time, noticing that I am still at work and had dropped a mug while zoning out with my thoughts. The curly haired male in front of me chuckles, giving me his famous smile and telling me that it's ok but to be more careful.

"You thinking about what it's like to see colour again, huh?" He asks, grabbing a dustpan and brush, sweeping up the cup I had smashed on the marble floor. Zachary is one of the fortunate ones I know who can already see colour, having found his soulmate years ago while he was in primary school.

"Yeah, you are so lucky that you started seeing it from such a young age." I speak with a small pout present on my lips, causing the taller male to laugh and ruffle my hair.

"You'll see it someday, I promise you that. And when you do, your breath will be taken away by the worlds true beauty. Now go home and rest up, you look exhausted." And with that, I take off my apron and leave the café, waving the older male goodbye. I wonder what my soulmate is up to right now?

Harus P.O.V.

"Kato, you're free to go home, enjoy the rest of your evening." Chosuke says coming up behind me and tapping my back. Letting out a sigh, I thank the much older male before logging off from my computer and bidding everybody goodbye.

"Ugh, today has been a drag. I can't wait to get home and rest up. But first some coffee because damn it is cold." I say to no one in particular as I walk down the snowy path, rubbing my hands together for warmth as a breath of cold air leaves my lips.

My mind starts to wonder as I make my way to the café down the road. Will I even get to see colour? What if I do not have a soulmate? Thoughts like these flood my mind daily, being thirty and all, half of my life has already gone by and I have yet to meet the person that the Universe as destined me to be with forever. I don't even notice I was zoning out until I crash shoulders with someone, apologising straight away without hesitation.

At long last, I arrive at the small café and open the door before walking up to the counter, ready to place my order. It sure is cosy in here, with streams of fairy lights and soft instrumental music playing out loud. Makes me feel like I'm in some sort of movie.

"Hey there! I'm Zachary, how may I assist you today?" A male around my height asks from behind the counter, giving me a warm smile. I tell him what I want and pay the young man the right amount for my drink before walking over to an empty table so he can bring it over.

"Zachary, have you seen my scarf? I think I left it here?" A voice says as they walked through the door. I look up out of curiosity at the stranger who has just entered. There in all their glory, is my soulmate. They have beautiful h/l h/c hair and s/t skin.

"Yeah, I was just about to call you actually. Here you go!" Zachary, the guy who had just served me speaks, handing the f/c scarf to who I now know is my soulmate.

"Thank you, take care no-" They say to their co-worker, but stop in their tracks, eyes locking on me as they freeze on the spot. Before I know it, the black and white world around me vanishes before my very eyes and turns very vibrant.

Your P.O.V.

Never would I have imagined that I would meet my soulmate of all days. He's so...handsome. Beautiful brown hair and golden orbs, not to mention his glorious pale skin that looks soft like a kitten.

While I admire the male, I notice the world around me start to change, no longer seeing the two dull colours which I've seen from the day I was born. I'm completely in awe by the new sea of colours around me. It's truly magical as they say.

"H-Hi there, it's nice to finally meet you." I speak up, bowing at the male who sat at a table by the window, to which he smiles back at me, standing up from his seat.

"Likewise, I'm Haru Kato, what's your name, soulmate?" He asks, slowly reaching out and taking my hand, leaving a small kiss on the back of it, causing me to blush.

"Y-Y/n L/n." I reply, standing in the same spot since I walked through the door a few minutes ago. The male smiles again, blushing a little bit this time round before lacing his fingers with mine and walking to the counter to get his drink.

"Lovely name, now how about we head back to mine? After all, we have some catching up to do." I smile brightly and nod, walking out with my soulmate, into the cold dark night. This is a brand new world, and I'm already loving it.