Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

At Hugo's house: Hugo ran to his parents and sister. "Mum, dad, can we go to Diagon Alley later?" He asked "Why so early?" His sister, Rose, asked "Because the Potter's are going later." He told her "So can we go?" "Ok, call, Lily, and ask her what time." His mother, Hermione, said "Ok." Just as he was about to head out he heard his sister ask "Will, Al, be there?" "Probably, Hugo, go do what your mum asked." His father, Ron, told him "Going." And he rushed to the lounge, grabbed the phone and called Lily.

"Hey, Lils, my mum and dad said yes." He told her "But, what time are you going?" "We're going at 2:00 p.m." she said "Ok, I'll see you there." He said "See you later." She responded and they hung up the phone.

6 hours later at flourish and blotts. "Hey, mate." Ron greeted Harry "Hey." He responded "How are you?" "Good." He said plainly "And you?" "Fine." He said, as Lily came up to him and asked "Dad, can you give me my list of books I need?" "Of course." And he handed her a piece of parchment. "Thanks." She looked down at the list as Harry continued to talk with Ron and Hermione.

She needed: The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) 𝑏𝑦 𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑎 𝐺𝑜𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑤𝑘, A History of Magic 𝑏𝑦 𝐵𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑎 𝐵𝑎𝑔𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡, Magical Theory 𝑏𝑦 𝐴𝑑𝑎𝑙𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝑊𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔, A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration 𝑏𝑦 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑐 𝑆𝑤𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi 𝑏𝑦 𝑃ℎ𝑦𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑑𝑎 𝑆𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑒, Magical Drafts and Potions 𝑏𝑦 𝐴𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑢𝑠 𝐽𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑟, Fantastic Beasts and where to find them 𝑏𝑦 𝑁𝑒𝑤𝑡 𝑆𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟, The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection 𝑏𝑦 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛 𝑇𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒.

"All done?" Asked Harry coming toward her "Yeah." Lily responded, they paid for their books and left.

"Now I need a wand." Lily told her dad "Ollivander's wand shop." James piped up "Well, bye, mate." Harry said goodbye to Ron "See you at King's cross." He responded and Hermione, Rose, Hugo and himself went.

After they left Lily and Harry go into Ollivander's while Ginny, James and Albus went to Weasley's wizard wheezes. "Hello, Mr. Ollivander." Harry greeted, but there was no one there. "Oh, hello, Mr. Potter." Said a voice and a man came out of the shadows. It was Garrick Ollivander. "And to what do I owe the pleasure?" "We were wondering if we could purchase a wand?" Harry asked him. "Ah, yes." Ollivander said "How about this one?" He pulled a wand from the shelf's "9 inches, unicorn hair, cherry." And he gave it to Lily.

"Test it."

"Ok."

She waved the wand and ended up exploding a vase. "No, no." He took it from her. He took another from the shelf's and handed it to her. "8 inches, dragon heartstring, elm." She waved it but nothing happened. "Well, no, then." Ollivander sighed "How about this one?" He handed her another wand "10 inches, Phoenix feather, Hazel." And before she could wave it a big light appeared on her head. She didn't know what it meant. "Perfect." "Thank you so much." Said Lily excitedly as Harry paid for the wand and they headed out.

"How was it?" Asked Ginny as they went toward her, James and Albus. "Good." Harry answered "Well, let's go then." And they headed home.

2 months later it was finally time to go to king's cross. "Lily, James, come eat breakfast, we're going to be late." Yelled Ginny from downstairs "Going." Yelled Lily, packing her trunk and taking it down stairs. "Dad, can you take this to the car please?" She asked "Of course." He answered, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at the trunk. "Wingardium Leviosa." He levitates the trunk and drops it in the car. After they eat breakfast they clean the table and Ginny says, "Kids, get inside the car, let's go." And the kids got into the car.

"Excited, Lily." Ginny asks "Very, I can't wait." She answers "Do you think I'll be put in Gryffindor?" "Lily, like I told, Albus, it doesn't matter what house your in." Harry assures her "That's the house for you." "Thanks, Dad." Said Lily, less worried.

They arrive at king's cross 4 minutes later. They met Ron, Hermione, Rose and Hugo. "Hello." Hermione greeted. "Hi." Ginny greeted back." Seems like yesterday we were riding the Hogwarts express." Ron reminded. "I know. And we all became friends." Harry remembered "Ok, kid's time to go." "Bye, mum, dad." Said James and Albus,  they hugged there parents and got on the train. "Bye, everyone." Said Rose and Hugo, hugging everyone and getting on as well. "Bye." Said Lily, she hugged everyone, but before she got on Harry said, "Lily, wait, come here and he pulled her to a corner.

"I wanted to give you this." He pulled a diamond necklace out of his pocket. "Wow, Dad, that's beautiful." She exclaimed. Harry put the necklace around her neck. "You should go now, love you." He said "Love you too." She told him, He kissed her on the head and she got on the train. She waved everyone goodbye. She was now headed off to Hogwarts.