twenty seven

Hassan

My leg bounced repeatedly even if I wanted to stop it I probably couldn't, my anxiety had been at 1000 ever since I got a strange call from Stacy. She wouldn't even say much on the phone, just  that there was an emergency and I needed to get back ASAP. We had only been in Hawaii for a little over a week and the break from school was great, but when it came to my sisters I would always drop everything and come running. After our mom passed they are the only blood family I have left, I couldn't even imagine anything else happening to them after how damaging the fire was to them My mind kept trying to think of every scenario of what could be wrong with either of my sisters, I wanted to think of any solution possible so I was 2 steps ahead of whatever we were up against. Charlie wanted to leave with me but hell I couldn't be that selfish Mani needed her , plus they all had done so much to help me over the years and taught me so much I figured it was really time to handle it on my own if I could. Looking out the window we were finally turning into the complex, no lie at 19 it felt good to have my own spot.  When Charlie had me transfer from Yale to Harvard they made alot of accommodations for my sisters, but i felt bad about Stacy leaving her family behind so the 4 of us agreed the best thing would be for the 3 of them to stay here in Ohio. With the work study program I was currently in I was able to save a lot of money of course Eric wouldn't let me make moves without his help but together we found a nice townhouse. Stacy was able to keep close contact with her family and  work as the live-in caretaker plus after this last semester I would be doing grad school out here which meant I would be around more.

"STAC!!" i called out rushing inside   dropping my keys in the bowl. I damn near sprinted across the living room heading up the stairs.

" STACY!!" 

"  Aye Papi Papi stop yelling" hearing her call out I stopped halfway up the stairs, turning around I noticed she was sitting on the couch real calm

" Whats goin on? Where is Iman and Journey"
" Papi No tan ruidoso, the children are sleeping"
" What happen you said emergency" i asked trying to figure out what was happening, hearing a door open I looked back to see a brown skin girl coming from the hall bathroom. 

"Uhh Stacy

"Uhh Stacy..who-"

"You need to talk Papi okay.Voy a preparar el almuerzo para las niñas" Stacy just shook her head walking off.

" I know I should have called not just ya know pop up  but we were going to New York so I just said-"

" whoa slow down Im sorry but do I know your or something" I had to stop her ranting

" Your Hassan Wright correct" she asked confusingly

" uhhh last time i checked yea that was me but who are you" i took a seat on the couch and gestures for her to do the same.