Five.

Emani.

Choking on my drink i tried not to spit it out as the group of ladies walked by, wiping my face i hurried up to catch my breath. We were finally done getting my stuff and decided to get food, which of course turned into us people watching as usual.

"Babba i think she heard you" i couldn't even hold back my laugh  he simply shrugged his shoulders. Im not even surprised that he doesnt care, this lady had been basically following us the entire time we been here tryna catch his attention. Like sis No! please ma'am your not even that cute, and she really wasnt gonna get his attention while i was around. My Babba has enough females in his life, besides i think he need to get with my momma anyway.  I havent seen her happy in a long time and if anyone can bring back her happiness I just know its Babba. 

" aye you cool? wazzam?"he asked knocking me out my thoughts

" Uhh nothin" i hestitated to get my words out, turning his body towards me Babba just watched me for a second. I already knew what was about to happen, i could never really keep anything from him but it was cool cause i trusted him. It's like having a walking journal, a tall goofy journal. Tilting his head to the side patiently waiting for me to open my mouth, I had to think fast...ahh yess the perfect plan popped into my head i wanted to dance. Slowing put my head down displaying the saddest pouted face ive ever made, I had to put it down hard.

" Ughh fine... its just i- well i worry about momma, shes....different" i knew exactly how to play this so everything falls into place, i need for momma to fall in love with him. Plus it also wouldnt hurt to really say how i felt just to let it out. Tapping the table a few times he gestured for me to get up, throwing out our empty cups we made our way out the mall quickly settling into the car. After about 30 mintues we were pulling up to my favorite spot, since the snow cleared the moutain view was great.

Im glad i wore sneakers today because I knew we were about to walk the hikking trail, we did this every time we came here together

"Ez i'a know ive told ya dis before but i need ya to know that im here aight. no matter what it is just know i got'chu." nodding my head i definitelyknew that, kicking around some random rocks I tried to figure out a way to get my words out.

" Im happy that momma is finally better, i hated to see her stuck in the bed hurt with that thing on her leg. Its good to see her able to move around the house ya know, but what ya see isnt her. I mean its her but not the momma i know like before she had that accident. I remeber this one time Kassie was i think 2 and we wanted to help make breakfast, momma held her up in one arm dancing to the music while helping me mix pancake batter with her other. She turned her head for 2 seconds and Kassie grabbed the pouring spoon, soon as momma turned back around she was smacked in the face with batter. We all completely bust out laughing so hard, after that we cooked breakfast together every weekend. I wont say she wasnt busy with work because there were times we would only see her before school and at bedtime. When I was little i use to tell people my momma was a star, like just bright and shinning. But it was sad times too, real sad." picking up a stick i dragged it beside me

" Da man who followed you to the hospital who-

" That is the sad times" i said cutting him off, i hated thinking about those times it was when i saw the worse part of my mom

" Ya ready for this luh birthday trip" he asked thankfully changing the subject. Jumping up and down i squealed, my 14th birhday was in 3 months and i couldn't wait. Babba said that as long as my grades were 100 percent and I stayed in at least 1 extra curreleculer activity he promised to have momma and Dessi to plan whatever I wanted. I made sure I made straight As, on the deans list every semester. On top of that our cheerleading squad was going to nationals this weekend so it was safe to say i held up my end of the deal.  I decided I wanted a luxurious family trip to somewhere with beaches, I wanted sunshine and sand.

" I cant wait..momma nor Dessi wont even give me a hint but its cool" i smiled just thinking about all the fun i just knew we were gonna have. It took us about 30 mintues of random talking before we made it back to the car and headed home. I was glad to get some of that stuff out today, even though it wasnt much i knew it was needed. Running into the house i dropped my bags down in my room, going into my book bag i grabbed the stuffed envelope. Walking down the hall i opened my momma door, hearing the shower on i snuck inside. Dropping down to the floor i tucked the envelope between the bed and night stand, making sure it was out of view I ran out quietly making it back to my own room. Closing the door I jumped around loving this mission already, im like a secret spy. The only thing I wanted for my birhday was for my momma to be happy and I was determined to make it happen.

 The only thing I wanted for my birhday was for my momma to be happy and I was determined to make it happen

Slamming the door behind me, I stomped into the kitchen throwing my bag onto the floor. Oh good everyone was in here which made this even better, pushing the chair back and ploped down into the seat crossing my arms. I noticed uncle Chase look at me with a raised eyebrow.

" Uhh luh bit ya alright" he asked as they all looked at me, shaking my head no i snapped my eyes at my mom.

" I cant believe you momma, you promised me that you would be there for me this weekend. I told you I didnt wanna be so far away from home without you " pushing out a fake tear she quickly ran over to me

" Baby what are you talking about. Nothing changed im still going to Texas with you"

" Oh yea well then where was all the papers you were suppose to sign, you told me that you finished them and put the in my bookbag. Coach Bailey came to collect them and guess who didnt have anything to turn in, i begged her to let me bring it after practice but she said no" pushing more tears out as she hugged me tighter, i deserve a oscar man.

"No No baby i swear i thought i put them in there" pulling out of her arms I ran over to Babba laying my head on his shoulder, time to put it on heavy.

"Babba its not fair I shouldnt have to go alone its not my fault mommy messed up and its my last competiton" adding in a little sobbing just for effects.

" Calm down.. hey hey listen to me Emani, i got you okay. Ya not gonna go alll the way down dere alone. Just relax i'a make sure ya momma get there"

" But but she cant ride the same flight as us anymor and she cant fly alone. Everything is ruined Babba" i cried out.

" Its okay Ez i got it aight.. i'a fly out with ha so she wont be by ha self. Dont worry I got it okay" he said while patting my back, wrapping my arms around him for a hug i just knew I had them all fooled.

" thank you babba your the best" i grabbed my bookbag running upstairs to my room,

step 1 : complete YASS