four.

6 months later.

Destiny.

"Girl would you please just smile, damn face all twisted like ya momma"

" I'm trying Dessi but my head hurts" Emani groaned, I dont see why she complaining shit she lucky i even straighten her damn hair instead of the braids. Finally giving up on getting her to smile i just snapped the picture sending it to her.

 Finally giving up on getting her to smile i just snapped the picture sending it to her

"Aww thanks Dessi" pulling me into a hug, making sure I hugged her back.

"Ez!!!" hearing Eric call her name we look up to see him coming down the spiral staircase, Kassidy on his back. Emani looked up with a wide smile and ran over to him doing their signature hand shake, here go these two goofys. In the beginning the only person besides Charlie that Kassidy would speak to was Taylor, she would whisper small things to me here and there but I didnt want to push her. I guess seeing how Eric was with Taylor helped her open up to him because now when she spoke it was always only to him or Taylor, you would have to sneak and listen just to hear her voice. Emani and Eric quickly became the best of friends, she was like his mini me in real life but it was cute. I give him big credit because not only did he give 2 clearly broken little girls someone they could trust and depend
on but he did it without having to alter the relationship with his own daughter. Taylor didnt seem to mind, those 3 girls are closer then anyone else, it was like Tay gain 2 sisters and I loved it.

" Aight Tootie, you and Boog go find Uncle Chase we getttin ready to leave." Eric said giving the girls hugs ignoring the pouted lips they both had. Shaking my head i couldn't help but laugh at the puppy dog eyes they thought was gonna work this time around.

" Where ya headed?" I asked taking the bottle of water E handed to me.

" She gotta get them braces tightened, then imma take her to the mall we gotta grab couple thangs before the competition this weekend. Where you going all dress up." Leaning against the counter he drank his water.

"Dressed up? Boy please you kno this something light" shaking my long locs, I couldnt help but laugh

"Annnyway since Chase is taking the girls to that little spa then to the movies, I finally got Cee to agree to coming out with me for the day."

Nodding his head he grabbed his keys without saying anything else, shaking my head I didn't even say anything. It's crazy how the dynamics of everyone else's relationship changed except for those 2 and Chase. It was like Charlie didnt want to try and get to know Eric, really it seem like she tried to avoid it but he didnt pressure her. Chase on the other hand still felt like something was up with her but he wasnt as mean and rude like when they first met. Heading to my car starting it up, Eric and Emani hopped in his Range parked next to me doing tik tok videos. Looking in the mirror I see Charlie finally brought her ass outside, I peep Eric watching her since she wasn't paying attention like a creep.