Chapter 24

Malaysia's POV

   I'm sitting here at a church, Ethena by my side.  The atmosphere in the room is very grim, and it feels like I can barely breathe with all the air being sucked out of the room.

I hate this.  I hate funerals.  I hate that my Grandma's body is in the white casket just feet away.  I wish this never happened.

I cry my eyes out as Ethena holds me.  All the memories I made with my grandma, I can't make anymore.

She was the sweetest woman alive.  She took me in after my egg donor left me at her doorstep.

She gave me her all, and raised me like a real mother, something my egg donor had no interest in doing.

And now the most important person in my life is gone.

Lena's POV

Why is Ethena sitting in the family and friends side of the church?  She's no family of ours, and our family doesn't know her.

Shame on Malaysia for dating someone as old as her.  She looks like she's at least in her mid twenties.

Well, honestly, she looks younger that that in the face, but you just know that she's not.  Her body is definitely banging, though.  I will give her that.

But how can any woman her age take advantage of someone Malaysia's age?  She's only seventeen.  Ethena should know better.

If only I could do something, but Malaysia won't let me step in.

.....

Malaysia's POV

The funeral has just ended, and now everyone is standing outside of the church.

Egg Donor strides towards Ethena and I like an evil villain.  "What is that woman doing here?"  She says, dramatically pointing at her 🙄.

I am so over this woman.

All of our family is looking at us now.  Why did this bitch have to make a scene at a funeral?  More specifically, her mom's funeral.

I shol ain't showin' up to hers.

"She's here to support me, something you wouldn't dream of doing."  She gasps like she's all surprised that I'm talking to her like this, her mouth left open.

Catch some flies, bitch.

"Malaysia Marie Smith, how dare you be disrespectful to me!  I'm your mother!  I don't give a damn what happened!  I am still the woman that birthed you!"

Lord, please don't let a fight break out at this church.

"Unfortunately!"  "You're such an unruly child!  I should've stayed with you."

"As if you could do any better!  The only person that wanted to take care of me is dead!  And now I'm left with no family member close to me!"

"I did what I had to do!"  "You bitch!"  I feel myself push her, like I couldn't control it.  My anger has bubbled over, and now I'm out for blood.

She tries to push me back as I feel Ethena holding me back, all the family and friends holding both of us back as well.

Ethena rips me away and starts carrying me away.  "That bitch!  I wanna kill her!  Fucking let me go!"

She opens the back door and puts me in the car.  She gets in and pulls off before I can get back out and claw out the bitch's eyes.

As we're driving on the road, Ethena speaks.  "That was fucking crazy."  "Yeah, well, it was gonna happen eventually.  Bitchface just haaad to come over and cause a scene."

"She seriously has a problem with our relationship."  "But why does she care so much about my life and who's in it all of a sudden when she was the one that decided to be out of it?  She had such a problem with you, but you've done way more for me than she ever has.  You took me in when Grandma died, you showed me love for the first time in my life, and you're here for me in my time of need.  But what did she ever do?  Drop her infant daughter off on her mother's doorstep.  Some fucking mom."

"Seriously, where does she get off demanding respect and acting like she's mom of the year?"

"I don't fucking know, but she seriously needs to stop before things get uglier.  How dare she try to control my life after being an absentee for almost eighteen goddamn years?"

"As a mom, it's disheartening to see her that way."  "You're a way better mom than she ever could be.  You love and care for Jacob, and you would NEVER think of abandoning him."

She smiles.  "Thank you, Malaysia.  I appreciate that."  "Of course, Baby."  She looks at me through the rearview mirror and winks.