Chapter 27

Malaysia's POV

   I call Darian up.  "Yo, Darian, you don't have to pick me up anymore."  "How come?"

"Because Ethena bought me a car for my birthday!"  "What the fuck, no way!"  He says with equal excitement.

"I know, right?!  You should've seen my face when she pulled it onto the driveway yesterday."

"Not only are you fucking your teacher, but you're dating her AND she does nice things for you."

"For real.  How did I get so lucky?"  "I don't know, but with your luck, you could win the lottery.  And split your winnings with me and we could live off of it for the rest of our lives."

He makes me chuckle.  "Well, see you at school."  "See ya at school."  We hang up.

.....

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

Welp, Ron is back home, so that's something.  "Ethena, whose car is that in the garage?  I come home, open it up, and to my surprise, there's a blue car I've never seen before.  I swear to God, there better not be another nigga in this house."

I roll my eyes, casually seated on the couch.  I was trying to enjoy my show, but I guess with Ron that can never be an option.

"Don't worry, it's Malaysia's car."  "Malaysia's ca-  When did she get the money to buy her own?"

"She didn't.  I did."  Immediately, I see his face change, and it looks like he wants to either throw me or her.  Or probably both.

"What the fuck, Ethena?!  How much did you spend on that thing?  It looks brand fucking new."

"It is, and I didn't spend too much.  Just chill."  "Just chi-"  He looks around in disbelief, his hand in his hair.  "How can I "just chill" when you've just spent thousands of dollars on a new car without consulting me?"

"I would've, but I knew you would've just bitched about it.  What would've been the point?"

"Hey!  You know our counselor said you shouldn't talk to me like that."  He says, pointing at me.

Uuuuuuuuuggghhhh, being married to a man is hard.

She also said I should love you, but ya don't see that happenin', do ya?

"Ron, I think you just need a nap.  Go to sleep."  "Godlee, I can't believe this."  He mutters to himself as he walks away and up the stairs.

I don't give a fuck.  At this point, it's obvious that I do what I want.  And it's not like I used OUR money, I used MY money.

Yep, that's right.  I have my own account outside of our joint account.  He's not being affected by any of the money I touched, so there goes his whole argument right there.