Chapter 45

Ron's POV

I take off my shoes, just coming home from a long day of work.  I untie my tie.  I look around the room, noticing something.

"What the hell?" 

Ethena walks in.  "Ethena, can you tell me what this is?"  I say, holding up the lace underwear.

"It's underwear."  She says in a confused tone.  "Whose is it?"  "Mine, duh.  Who else would it belong to?"

"But it's orange.  You don't wear orange.  You don't have any orange lingerie.  You don't like the color orange."

"I was trying something new.  It's mine." 

He stands up, erratically throwing the underwear across the room.  "Stop lying to me, Ethena!"

"I'm not.  It's really mine."  "Do you really think I'm that dumb?  There may be a disconnect between us, but I still know you, Ethena.  You don't.  Wear.  The color orange.  You don't have a stitch of orange clothing."

The look on his face and the tone of his voice lets me know that he is deadass serious.

"Ethena, do you like women?  Are you bisexual?   Are you cheating on me with a woman?  Are you cheating on me with Malaysia?"

"That's ridiculous!  Ron, for the last time, I'm NOT cheating on you, especially not with Malaysia.  You are my husband.  Why would I do that to you?"

"I-I don't know.  I really want to believe you.  There's just so many weird things going on that I can't explain."

"There's no need to explain anything.  Nothing is going on.  You know me, Ron.  I wouldn't do that to you, and the fact that you think I would......"

I start crying.  "Oh, come here."  He encases me in a hug.  "I'm sorry, Baby.  I didn't mean to make you cry."  He says.

.....

"Malaysia, we need to be more careful.  We're getting careless with this.  Ron found your underwear in our bed."

"Holy shit.  Was it the orange pair?  I've been missing those."  "Yes.  He was suspicious that they weren't mine."

"How did he know they weren't yours?  You have a lot of lingerie."  "He knows I don't wear orange.  It's a nice color on you, by the way."

She smiles.  "Thank you."  "He asked me if I liked women and if I'm cheating on him.  He even asked me if I'm cheating with you.  And gross of him to think I could be bisexual.  I love women and only women.  The thought of a real dick makes me puke."

"When is he gonna divorce you already?  Why won't he?"  "He really does, like, actually love me."

"Ethena, you promised he'd leave you."  I take her hands in mine.  "And he will, Baby.  Trust me.  I know Ron, and once he's had enough, he'll go, and I'll happily let him so you can officially be my only relationship."

"I sure hope so.  I want you to be Mrs. Smith one day."  "I think he believed my act.  I had to cry on cue and everything."

"Wow, really?  And you convinced him?  How?"  "I took acting classes.  Did a few films."

"Huh, I still continue to learn new, interesting little things about you."  "And once Ron is gone, you'll get to learn more."