Chapter 46

Malaysia's POV

"Malaysia, come on."  Ron says to me, walking down the stairs with a smile.  "Come?  Where are we going?"

I know he's trying to be nice to me, but does he really have to take it this far?

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna put you in a ditch or something.  Just trust me."  "Uuuuuuuhhhhh......ok."

I'm making sure I have my location on.....

.....

We're sitting in a coffee shop, sipping on lattes.  "So, uh.......why are we here?"  I question, still feeling like he's up to something.

"I wanted to get to know you.  I don't really know much about you, and I'm trying to take the nice approach."

"Ah, ok."  I say, tilting my head up.  I sip on my latte.  "Where are you from?"  "Here, born and raised."

"Any friends?"  "My main friend is my best friend Darian."  "What are your interests?"

"Uuuummmm, Korean things, watching tv.  Not really much."  "What's your goal in life?"

"I wanna become a teacher.  Might do Pre-K or something."  "Mm,"  He says, nodding his head.  "Do you ever plan on getting your own place one day?  Not to get malicious, I just wanna see where your head's at."

Yeah.  With your wife.......

"Uh, yeah.  Of course.  I'm definitely not staying with you guys forever."  "Favorite hobby?"

"Babysitting.  It's my absolute favorite.  I love it.  Jacob is so adorable and he's so easygoing."

"Have you ever babysat other kids before?"  "Of course.  I used to do it all the time."

"You like girls, right?"  ".....Yes."  I anxiously sip my coffee.

"........Do you like my wife?"

There it is.  I knew it.  That's why we're here.

He really thinks I'm dumb enough to slip up and spill the beans?  Wow, he could at least try to give me some credit.

"No.  That's ridiculous.  Why would I?"  "Because she's pretty.  And she's nice.  She pays attention to you.  She chooses you over me."  He says, leaning forward onto the table.

"I think she just cares about me.  I don't look too much into it."  "Has she ever.........given you any signs as to liking you?"

"Liking me how?"  "As much more than a student, if you catch my drift."  "I think she likes me as her kid.  She's kinda like my pseudo mom.  That's how I see her."

"You do think she's pretty, though, right?"  "She's not ugly."  "Mm."  He says, nodding his head once more.

.....

Ethena and I are at a restaurant, eating outside.  "Ethena, I don't know if Ron knows something for sure, but I'm freaking out."

"Why?"  "He was asking me questions, trying to mask it as getting to know me."

"Questions like?"  "He was asking about my favorite hobby and shit, until he started asking about my sexuality and my attraction to you."

Her jaw drops.  "What did you do?"  "I played it cool.  Told him that you just care about me and that you're like a mom to me."

"Ew, that would be gross."  She giggles.  "He also asked me if you've ever came onto me.  Like I would actually rat you out or something.  He really thinks I'm fucking stupid.  Fuck this "him being nice" shit.  I don't want it.  I want him to stay away from me."

"You're mad, aren't you?"  My fist slams down onto the table.  "Yes!  How dare that fucker pretend to be nice to me just to get some intel!"

"Baby, come here."  She stands up and walks over to me, hugging me close.

"How about this?  Let's go on a vacation, just you and I."  She says.

A vacation?  I could use that.....

"Where are we going?"  "I'll figure something out."