Chapter 13

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

   I think Ron is going to stay mad at me this whole trip.  He's still giving me the silent treatment.  With that being said, I'm just going to do my thing with Malaysia.  After all, that's the reason I have her here.

She's here because I really do have strong, genuine feelings for her, and I love having her around.  She makes me happy, and I need her here while I'm here with Ron.

I put the food I've just cooked on three plates.  I put everything on the dining room table.  I pour three glasses of orange juice and put them on the table.

"Malaysia, bring Jacob.  Breakfast is ready!"  I call out.  Malaysia emerges, holding Jacob.  She sits at the table in front of two plates, Jacob in her lap.

Ron emerges as I sit down in front of the other plate.

"So there's no plate for me?"  He says.  "There are plates...in the dish rack."  I retort.  "So you can cook for the babysitter, but you can't cook for your husband?!"  He screams.

I stand up, facing him.  "Why would I cook for you?!  You've been giving me the silent treatment!"  I scream back.

Malaysia's POV

I was feeding Jacob when the argument started.  Now I'm just watching it, and it feels awkward.

"You wanna know why I've been giving you the silent treatment?"  "Why?!"  "Because YOU won't have sex with me!  I am your husband, Ethena!  I have needs, and you REFUSE to satisfy them!"

"You know what, Ron, let's not do this in front of Jacob and the babysitter."  "No!  We're doing this.  Right here.  Right now.  I'm tired of you just brushing it off and pretending it's not a big issue."

"Well maybe I.  DON'T.  WANT.  SEX.  RON.  Did you ever think of that?"  "I shouldn't have to beg you for sex!"  "And where in our vows did it promise we were going to have sex?  Hm?"  She says, raising her eyebrows.

"Really, Ethena?  Really?  You're so damn petty!"  "I don't have to give it to you!"  "You don't think about my needs!"  "And you don't think about my right to say no!  I don't want sex all the time.  Why can't you respect that?"

"You don't want sex at any time!  ...I see what's going on here,"  He says, repeatedly pointing at her.  "You don't want to have sex with me, because you're sleeping with another guy."

"I would never sleep with another guy!"  Yeah, she would just sleep with another girl, i.e. me.  "It's kinda.  Hard.  To believe that!"

"You know what, I'm sleeping in Malaysia's room for the rest of this trip."  "Why can't you sleep on the couch?"  She points at herself.  "I'm not sleeping on no damn couch.  I am the woman.  How about you sleep on the couch and I get our bed?"

"I'm not sleeping on no damn couch.  I'm a man."  "Oh really?  Cuz this whole time I've been hearing you whine like a little bitch."

"You know what?  Sleep in Malaysia's room.  I don't care."  "Good."  "Good."  "Great."  "Amazing."  "Fan-fucking-tastic."  "Superb."  "Terrific."

She sits back down and silently eats her food as he walks away.  Two seconds later, a door slams.

.....

Ethena has moved all of her stuff into my room, so she's staying in there for the rest of the trip.  We're in our room now, just laying down, our heads resting on our folded arms.

"You wanna talk about it?"  I ask her.  "Sure.  I hate that you had to witness that.  The argument shouldn't have even happened in the first place.  How could he even expect me to cook for him if he hasn't been talking to me?  That makes no sense."

I hate that she's going through this, but on the bright side, I get her all to myself.

"It really doesn't.  I thought it was pretty stupid.  Arguing because of a plate of food?  That's wack."  "And we did it in front of Jacob.  He had to watch his parents argue.  I hate that."

"Jacob looked scared.  I'm sorry he had to witness it."  "I need a hug."  "And an apology."  I wrap my arms around her, holding her close to me.

"And he didn't even consider better possibilities than cheating.  Maybe I'm asexual.  I could have endometriosis.  I could have low confidence when it comes to my body.  I mean, none of those things are true, but he didn't have to immediately assume I'm cheating on him with another guy."

"We'll get through this together, Ethena."  I intertwine our hands and kiss her forehead.  "Why can't Ron be more like you?  All he wants me to do is fuck his gross penis, but you actually listen to me and understand me."

"Because guys are just like that.  Maybe you do need a girl to understand you and really be here for you.  To listen to you, and treat you how you need to be treated."

She turns her head and starts kissing me, our bodies twisting as we make out.  When she pulls away, she looks me deep in my eyes.  "I love you, Malaysia."  "I love you, too, Ethena."

Yes, I'm 17, but I know what I feel.  Even though it's wrong on so many levels, Ethena needs me.  She's trapped in her marriage, and I'm her happiness.

She makes me happy, too.  When I'm with her, I feel like I don't need Darian.  Darian who?