Chapter 7

The room if you could call it a room any more was in rubbles. A wall broken down exposing a field to the left of me. While outside looked vibrant green, and lush with life inside was grey and murky. Plan life springing out from sections the floors and walls.

He checks his phone clock.
"We don't have a lot of time before we have to leave."

"What happened here Max? "
He stood in silence.
"Wait."

The air surrounding us was... weird. The dust particles in the sunlight were there, but never moved. In fact the room looked relatively tame. The area should have been more overrun in comparison to outside.

Then, a piece of the wall went back up. And a guy was on it.

"What the?"

"Temporary Inversion. Just wait." He replied

More of the wall came to be. And moss covered bodies flying in reverse just to fall back to ground standing.

1 2 3 4 5.

One was on the floor obscured by the plants in the corner. 6.

"6 people were here."
"6 people died here."

"For what?"
"There's a plant. It's unique. It's immortal."
"They died for eternal life?"
"No, they died for time travel. My time travel experiment."
"How could a plant unlock time travel?"
"Simple, because it travels back in time."

He leads me outside.

He picks up a plant, it looks no different than uncut grass, besides being 5 feet high.
He rips a piece off the top, and let's it drop to the ground.

It gets back up, in reverse and lands back on the stock.

"Like nothing ever happened."

"Except it does. They have special tachyons that invert their time at the moment of death."

The building behind us is standing tall now. All that remains to be rebuilt is the top corner.

He heads back in time but this times different. We hear things.

I wouldn't call them words.

"They're speaking." He starts
"In reverse." I figure.
"Yeah. So when they go back to where they were." And he looks at he, tears welling in his eyes.
"When they go back, they come back?"
"Just to die again!!" He screams, and lands on the ground with his hands on his lap.
"Max what happened?"

"They, they, they, they were helping me." He wept.

"Helping you time travel." I say leaning on the ground, holding him. I hold one of his hands in mine.

"Helping me, get money through time travel insider trading."

"Money for what?"

"I wanted to take over the world."

"Okay? And?"

"No, not like the generic take over the world. I wanted to wage war in the ways that mattered. I wanted to control every industry. I wanted to take away....."

"Peace? Liberty?"

"Superpowers. I wanted a world without powers where no one could stop me. I'd fund reversing super-abilities, I wanted them all gone."

"Why?"

-----------------------

TO BE CONTINUED (for real this time.)