>fourteen

JUNE 30th, 2:06pmTHE ROOFTOP OF LABENDEO APARTMENTS

JUNE 30th, 2:06pm
THE ROOFTOP OF
LABENDEO APARTMENTS

"hurry up!" chaeyoung said, talking to lalisa on the phone.

she stood on the rooftop, waiting for the orange-haired girl to show up. she tapped her foot, getting impatient.

"i'm coming! i'm just fixing my hair," lalisa said on the other end.

"okay, see you! again, hurry!" chaeyoung said before hanging up.

she had been prepping the rooftop for about an hour and a half. chaeyoung might've rushed a bit, but it was only because she needed to beat lalisa to it.

today was day fourteen, the last day lalisa would be convincing chaeyoung to live. but chaeyoung wanted to do things differently.

all this time, lalisa had spent time coming up with things that made her comfortable. but chaeyoung never stopped to think what made lalisa comfortable.

of course, chaeyoung always knew this. but she wasn't sure of how she could thank lalisa. but when she woke up, the idea dawned on her. why not host a cute picnic on the rooftop of their apartment?

although it was the same place chaeyoung almost took her own life, it held a different meaning to her now.

the place she first met lalisa.

"chae?!" a voice said. chaeyoung snapped out of her daze and looked over at lalisa.

lalisa raced over to chaeyoung, he orange hair bouncing behind her. she fixed the hem of her t-shirt.

she then looked at the picnic, a gasp escaping her mouth. she beamed.

"i know we had a picnic already but i thought it'd be-"

"it's perfect chae!" lalisa interrupted, still beaming.

"thanks," chaeyoung said, staring at her feet nervously.

lalisa pinched chaeyoung's cheek before sitting down. she patted the seat next to her.

"i guess it's your turn to tell me what you packed," lalisa said jokingly.

chaeyoung sat down and nodded. she opened the picnic basket.

"french bread, grilled sandwiches, strawberries, and two smoothies," chaeyoung said, a little proud. she usually ordered food out, but she decided to try making something, although sandwiches weren't the hardest to make.

"wow!" lalisa said, smiling. she grabbed a sandwich.

the two ate in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's company. the sun shined down on them and the sound of cars was down below. but for some reason, the two of them felt like they were the only people on earth.

"chae, although this is really nice. like...really really nice..." lalisa said, breaking the silence.

chaeyoung stopped chewing. did she do something wrong? was the smoothie nasty?

"yeah?"

"why'd you do this for me? i'm supposed to be helping YOU right now!" lalisa said jokingly, playing punching chaeyoung's shoulder.

chaeyoung giggled, shrugging. "why wouldn't i? you've been helping me all this time." she was relieved it was nothing bad.

"awww, chaeeee," lalisa said lovingly, resting her head on chaeyoung's shoulder.

the two sat in silence for a few seconds, before lalisa spine again.

"guess we need another day fourteen!" lalisa said excitedly.

chaeyoung raised an eyebrow. "no we don't."

lalisa took her head off her shoulder, shooting chaeyoung a confused look.

"why not?"

"this is day fourteen," chaeyoung replied to lalisa with a smile.

"how? i already did picnics as one of the reasons," lalisa questioned further, still confused.

chaeyoung sat silently for a few seconds, staring the ground. she didn't want to pour her entire heart out, but she felt like she hadn't truly expressed to lalisa how she felt. she wanted to tell her.

"lalisa, you don't understand. you saved me. if you never approached me on the rooftop, i could've..." chaeyoung trailed off. she made eye contact with lalisa, before staring at the ground again.

lalisa sat silently, allowing it to sink in. it hadn't hit her until then. nothing would've happened between them if lalisa hadn't gone to the rooftop that night.

"i don't even know if i would've lived if i jumped," chaeyoung continued.

it was true. the chances of chaeyoung surviving that jump were very little to none.

"thank you, lalisa, for everything," chaeyoung smiled, tearing up a bit. she managed to look at lalisa, who was now tearing up too.

"i— of c-course," lalisa stuttered. she hadn't realized how much differently things could've played out.

chaeyoung nodded, a tear falling. she did it. she finally told lalisa how much she meant to her.

"i still don't get jt, chae," lalisa said, tears falling from her eyes now as well.

"get what?"

"how is this day fourteen? what's your fourteenth reason to live?" lalisa asked again.

chaeyoung stared lalisa deeply in the eyes, unsure of what to say. suddenly, something took her over.

she grabbed lalisa by the shoulders, smashing her lips against hers. it only took lalisa a couple seconds to kiss back. chaeyoung softly pushed lalisa's head forward, deepening the kiss. her lips tasted like strawberry.

the two pulled apart. although it had only lasted for a little under several seconds, chaeyoung felt like it had lasted for eternity. she didn't mind, either.

without warning, lalisa's lips met chaeyoung's once again.

it felt like she was falling all over again.

A/N
heyyy! told you guys i'd update very soon! ;) that's not exactly the end yet! stayed tuned for the last chapter!!!
<3