>two

JUNE 17TH, 10:30amTHE GRASSY HILLS

JUNE 17TH, 10:30am
THE GRASSY HILLS

"you're actually prepared!" lalisa gasped dramatically as chaeyoung arrived to the grassy forest-like area.

she was right, chaeyoung indeed came prepared. she had a backpack filled with snacks, emergency items, and water.

the two had exchanged numbers during their last meetup, and lalisa told her to prepare for a hike. chaeyoung had no interest in hiking, but came because lalisa seemed so enthusiastic about it.

"yep," chaeyoung said, fixing her velvet scrunchie so it didn't look lopsided.

"have you ever gone hiking?" lalisa asked her, motioning towards the tall hill.

"nope. it doesn't sound too bad," chaeyoung replied, staring at the hill.

despite chaeyoung's habits of staying indoors 24/7, she still managed to appreciate nature. she was always interested in photography and wanted to photograph the beauty nature.

too bad.

"it's not bad at all. come on!" lalisa giggled, waddling past chaeyoung.

the two were climbing up the hill silently. it was very foggy and a little bit cloudy, but the sun still shone through the clouds a bit. the wind was blowing extra hard, which made it a chore to climb the hill.

"so...where do you go to school?" lalisa asked chaeyoung. she hadn't seen her anywhere besides her apartment building.

"i choose to do online school. from home," chaeyoung answered, her ponytail swaying behind her.

"why?"

"public school isn't my thing...but my mom is forcing me to do it this school year" chaeyoung trailed off nervously.

"i don't blame you. i'm glad it's summer break, school can be a bit exhausting," lalisa said.

chaeyoung's legs were growing a bit sore. they were barely even half way up the hill. she sighed.

"it isn't too late to turn around," chaeyoung said, looking behind her.

"oh, come on chae. do you really hate being outdoors?" lalisa whined.

chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "not really, it's just..." chaeyoung sighed, glancing behind them once more.

"that you're a homebody?" lalisa questioned once more. this girl really liked asking questions.

"something like that...you must really like the outdoors," chaeyoung nodded, staring at the ground as they climbed.

"uh-huh! nature is another reason why you should live, it's beautiful, you know?" lalisa beamed, her eyes glittering.

chaeyoung found herself gazing at lalisa for a few seconds before answering. "yeah..." chaeyoung trailed off, getting nervous again.

"most people who climb this mountain set up a picnic once they reach the top. wish i thought about that," lalisa went on.

"it's fine. i ate a couple hours ago anyway,"  chaeyoung replied.

"good! speaking of eating, have you ever tried pizza bagels?" lalisa asked her, changing the topic.

pizza bagels?

"uh...no. are they good?" chaeyoung giggled.

"they're delicious. my dad used to make them for me when i was younger and now i make them on my own. i should bring you some tomorrow," lalisa offered.

"i'd love that," chaeyoung said, smiling slightly.

they continued up the mountain in silence once more. eventually, they were only a few steps away from the top.

reaching the top, lalisa let out a huff of satisfaction. "we made it chae!"

charyoung forgot to answer as she was sucked into the view. there was nothing but dark green trees that went on and on for miles. the fog sort of gave the forest a mysterious look, but not in an eerie way. birds flew by and the sun could be seen a little bit more through the clouds.

after several more seconds, chaeyoung snapped out of her trance and glanced at lalisa.

"why...are you looking at me like that?" chaeyoung asked her. lalisa hasn't been looking at the view, since her gaze was fixated on chaeyoung and chaeyoung only.

lalisa giggled nervously before standing closer to chaeyoung. "sorry, i can't help but stare at beautiful things..."