>eight

JUNE 24TH, 1:00pmCORE BAKERY

JUNE 24TH, 1:00pm
CORE BAKERY

chaeyoung and lalisa walked down the sidewalk together, arms linked. still drowsy from the night before, chaeyoung tuned out while lalisa babbled about random stuff.

"are you even listening?" lalisa groaned.

"sorry, what'd you say?" chaeyoung asked, smiling nervously.

"i said we should go to the bakery! it's only about a couple minutes away," lalisa explained.

chaeyoung hadn't been a huge fan of pastries. she preferred lollipops over cake pops any day. but, lalisa looked super excited when she mentioned it. she didn't want to discourage her.

"sure."

the two girls walked silently. the weather seemed surprisingly gloomy for the summertime. it was cloudy and a little bit windy as well.

once they arrived at the bakery, lalisa held open the door for chaeyoung.

"after you, madam," she joked. chaeyoung tolled her eye playfully as she walked past her.

the bakery was bright and cozy. it was a particularly small bakery as well. there were cakes enclosed in glass shelves alongside different types of pastries and bread. there were paintings with sayings like "all you kneed is love" hanging on the walls. the place was empty, despite its welcoming presence.

"i actually haven't been here before, but my mother always brings home blueberry muffins from here," lalisa explained, approaching the front counter.

"yeah, i didn't know we had a bakery near by..." chaeyoung trailed off, her eyes scanning the menu mounted above the front counter.

"lalisa?" a random voice said, coming from behind the counter.

a boy who seemed to be the same age stood behind the counter. he had brown hair that was slightly pushed up by a red headband. his name tag read "hoseok."

"hoseok!!!" lalisa cheered, running over to the counter. she hugged him briefly before pulling away.

"i haven't seen you all summer, where have you been?" hoseok asked her.

"where have i been? you didn't even come to jennie's party! i should be asking you that question," she scoffed, crossing her arms playfully.

"oh, i decided to get a job, duh," he motions towards the bakery.

lalisa playfully rolled her eyes and gasped. "chae, come over here!"