>nine 1/2

JUNE 25TH, 10:00pmJENNIE'S MANSION

JUNE 25TH, 10:00pm
JENNIE'S MANSION

lalisa threw on a pink hoodie and some leggings. she didn't bother fixing her hair, since it looked normal, just a bit all over the place. she put on her white sneakers and went outside, hopping straight into the uber she called.

although her curfew was at 11:00pm, she had to go meet jennie. she hadn't texted her about her arrival, but it didn't matter. she just felt bad.

her and jennie were close friends, but never did lalisa ever let it cross her mind that jennie had feelings for her.

jennie was known to hop into relationships fast, they'd last for a couple weeks, and when the person least expected it, she'd drop them. she had a reputation for this at school, dating and boy or girl who fell into her hands.

lalisa had to admit, it was quite impressive. sure, she broke hearts for fun, but it was surprising that people fell for jennie so easily.

so lalisa not accepting jennie's offer right away, was probably shocking. but jennie didn't really look mad.

lalisa replayed the memory in her head. why hadn't she said anything faster?

once she arrived at the mansion, she paid the driver before hopping out the car. she hurried to jennie's front door and knocked. it was dark outside and lalisa was getting a bit anxious.

after a few seconds, jennie opened the door slightly. she was wearing an oversized t-shirt, her hair in a messy bun.

"lalisa?! why are you here so late?" she asked her, her eyes widening. she stared around the outside.

"i want to talk to you...about earlier," lalisa said awkward, tapping her foot nervously.

jennie huffed before opening the door wider. "well don't just stand there, it's dark out." lalisa came in quickly, moving past jennie.

"are your parents home?" lalisa asked her. the house was oddly silent, other than the sound of the television from the living room.

"they're on a business trip, they'll be back early morning tomorrow."

lalisa nodded, already heading upstairs. jennie followed behind her sheepishly.

she headed straight for jennie's bedroom, which was surprisingly bright, for the nighttime. she sat on the edge of her bed, jennie plopping down beside her. they sat there in a silent for a couple minutes.

"so..." jennie said, breaking the silence. she was staring at her pink fuzzy socks.

"how long?" lalisa asked her, staring at jennie, who was still avoiding eye contact.

"ever since we became friends..." jennie muttered, her face flushing.

lalisa was confused. then what was with all the casual dating? she was positive jennie didn't really have feelings for anyone and just dated for fun.

"uh..." was all lalisa could say. the atmosphere of the room went from awkward, to even more awkward.

"i know. this is going to sound really stupid. don't judge me, okay?" jennie huffed, managing look at lalisa.

"i would never."

jennie nodded. "i just...really didn't know what to do. when we first met, you already knew me for having such a weird reputation. i didn't want to make any moves on you since you would've just pushed me away, you probably would've never trusted me," jennie explained.

lalisa remained silent and nodded. jennie was right. lalisa could never trust anyone like jennie when it came to dating. she was already known for heartbreaking.

"so i just continued to do what i normally do. but the more i did it, the more i couldn't get the thought of you out of my head...so i planned to ask you out yesterday..." jennie explained further, clearing her throat afterward.

lalisa sat there silently for a minute, thinking. she still knew she didn't have any feelings for jennie.

but looking at the poor girl made lalisa want to cry. she'd never seen jennie this conflicted, specifically when it came to relationships. if she tore jennie down the one moment she decided to be vulnerable, she may never open up again.

puzzled, lalisa thought harder. but pretending to like jennie would do more damage. it would hurt both of them in the long run. and lalisa was positive she had feelings for chae.

"even if i may not seem worth it...would you maybe want to go on a date with me?" jennie asked lalisa suddenly, now managing to give her eye contact.

lalisa felt her stomach churn. either way, their friendship was jeopardized. jennie's confidence was clear at its peak, especially since she was now look at lalisa more intensely than ever.

but that's when it finally dawned on lalisa. as much as lalisa loved jennie platonically, it wasn't going to change jennie's feelings for her. whether they remained friends or not.

she knew deep down that she truly wanted to be with chaeyoung. sure, she had only known chae for about a week and a half, but she knew her interest in chaeyoung was different than her interest in jennie.

"i'm sorry...but no."

jennie froze for a few seconds, before looking down at her feet again. after a minute, she chuckled and nodded.

"let me guess...you like chaeyoung?" jennie said, a weird expression on her face. her tone was almost mocking lalisa, as she looked up at her.

"i guess it's obvious..." lalisa sighed.

jennie nodded and shook her head. "who even is she, anyway? isn't she just some random suicidal bitch you found on a rooftop?" jennie said, her tone getting more bitter.

lalisa froze. how could jennie say something like that?

"i don't get what you like so much about her...you just met! i'm better than her anyway, i know i am..." jennie said, going on.

lalisa still sat there silently, unsure of what to say. lalisa knew jennie could be ruthless, but she'd never hear her sound this bad.

"she's not even worth your time. planning cute little hangouts each day and for what? she'll probably go off the deep end eventually," jennie spat, her voice rising.

that's when lalisa stood up, her arms crossed. "no she won't!" she yelled. jennie was surprised, standing up and taking a step back.

"if that's truly how you feel, then maybe we're not good friends either. you're lucky i even came here!" lalisa yelled again. she walked out of jennie's room and raced down the stairs.

lalisa looked behind her, noticing that jennie hadn't bothered following her. good.

lalisa went outside and sat in front of the house, dialing a number on her phone. she was hoping that they'd pick up the phone, because there was already a tear running down her cheek.