>eleven

JUNE 27TH, 1:00pmWILLOW PARK

JUNE 27TH, 1:00pm
WILLOW PARK

lalisa waited patiently in the park, floral dress paired with sandals on. she had arrived fifteen minutes earlier and set up the picnic blanket alongside a basket. her now orange hair was flowing in the wind behind her.

after calling chae hot "on accident," suddenly lalisa felt even more jittery. it was becoming hard to hide her feelings for chae. sure, lalisa could admit, the two of them flirted with each other but never really called it "flirting."

chae did kiss lalisa on the cheek. but some friends do that too? lalisa's mind was completely scattered, but in the best way possible.

before lalisa could continue her daze, she saw chaeyoung walking over to her, in a fast pace. her silver hair was pinned into a ponytail, wearing a floral tank top, white cardigan, and skinny jeans. lalisa noticed she was wearing eyeliner, which wasn't very common compared to chaeyoung's softer daily appearance.

lalisa liked it.

"hi lalisa!" chaeyoung said happily, a small smile on her face.

lalisa, blushing softly but not noticeably, cleared her throat. "hi chae!" she fixed the hem of her dress.

"it's been awhile since i've gone to a picnic..." chaeyoung said, staring at the picnic basket.

"y-yeah same for me too honestly. i thought it'd be nostalgic," lalisa replied awkwardly. why was it so hard to talk to chaeyoung all of the sudden? it was always hard, but never to the point where she sounded dumb.

"so! what'd you pack?"

lalisa cleared her throat and sat down, patting on the blanket next to her. chaeyoung sat down beside her, her legs crossed.

lalisa opened the picnic basket. there were six sandwiches, four bags of pretzels, two juice boxes, and a mini platter of fruit.

"i hope it's enough...again, i said i was going for something nostalgic. i miss being a child and drinking from juice boxes all day," lalisa explained.

"it's perfect," chaeyoung said, patting lalisa on the back. she grabbed a juice box.

lalisa giggled nervously, doing the same and then grabbing a sandwich after.

"since we were talking about nostalgia...what was your childhood like?" chaeyoung asked lalisa, grabbing a sandwich from the basket.

lalisa took a moment to think. most of her childhood consisted of roller skating, eating loads of candy, and going outside as much as possible. she made friends wherever she went, so it was never a challenge finding kids to talk to either.