Chapter 4

Time skip to end of school:
You left your class and waited at the gates for Kuroo and Kenma. You waited a while before the two appeared. You led them to your house so you could pick up your bag. You unlocked your front door and called out to your mum, leaving Kuroo and Kenma on your driveway. Your mum emerged after a couple of seconds with a bag. You took the bag and then went upstairs to and get and changed, while your mum talked to your new friends.

"Hello. I am Ms. L/N. Y/N's mum. She did not tell me that she made 2 friends in one day. I'm glad." Your mum beamed.

"Hello. I'm Tetsurou Kuroo, a 3rd year." Kuroo said.

"I'm Kozume Kenma. A second year." Kenma said.

"Ah so you're the same year as Y/N." Your mum said.

"Mum! You better not be telling embarrassing stories!" You shout as you come out of your room.

"I forgot about the stories. Let me get the photo album." Your mum teased.

"Mum! No!" You say as you run down the stairs.

"Ok. Ok. I'll show them the one from your first year at your old school." Your mum reasoned.

"Fine." You say sighing.

Your mum showed the two the photo album. They seemed in shock. Maybe because they were not expecting you to be a volleyball player. But you soon gave it up when you left. You were unsure on whether to continue playing volleyball or not. But you left that to fate. Your mum went and put the album away and came back with a magazine.

"Mum! No! Put the magazine down!" You say.

"Why? What's wrong with showing them?" Your mum asked.

You sighed in defeat as your mum showed Kuroo and Kenma the magazine. They seemed to be in even more shock. You thought nothing of it, then remembered you did not know if your mum had packed your handheld console or not. So you perched your bag on your sofa and went through it, immediately noticing your Nintendo Switch and charger were not there. You left your mum with Kuroo and Kenma again as you ran upstairs to get your console and charger. After a couple of minutes of looking, you eventually found it.

You rushed back downstairs and said goodbye to your mum. She insisted you grab some snacks from your kitchen to bring with you. You did not really want to, but your mum insisted. So you sigh in defeat and accept the food from your mother. You finally said goodbye and left with Kuroo and Kenma. You did not say anything as you began the walk to Kenma's. You did not really want to talk about volleyball, but you most likely had no choice.

"So what got you into volleyball?" Kuroo asked.

"My cousin." You replied.

"Who's your cousin?" Kenma asked.

"You two probably wouldn't know him." You say, shrugging your shoulders.

Before Kenma and Kuroo could say anything, your phone buzzed in your pocket. You pulled it out to see who was messaging you. It was your cousin. Terushima Yuuji.

To: Y/N
From: Teru
Sup. Heard you moved. Where to?

To: Teru
From: Y/N
I moved near Nekoma High.

To: Y/N
From: Teru
Wait. Are you with 2 guys right now? One has like crow hair. The other one looks like pudding.

To: Teru
From: Y/N
Yeah. Why? Wait. Oh My God! I see you!

You left Kuroo and Kenma and ran straight towards your cousin. They stood there. Confused. They were not sure what was going on. They watched you run up to him and then hug him. After a couple of seconds of staring, Kuroo and Kenma approached.

"It's been way too long since I last saw you." Teru said, leaning on your shoulder with his elbow.

"Hey! I dare you to stop growing! It's not fair that you're taller than me!" You say annoyed.

"Well then little Libero. You just need to grow." He said laughing.

"I'm sorry am I missing something here?" Kuroo butted in.

"No. This is my cousin. Yuuji. You 3 know each other?" You say.

"Yeah. That guy is Kuroo. Captain of the Nekoma volleyball team. That's Kenma, their setter." Yuuji says, pointing at the two as he says their names.

"And that's Terushima. Captain of the party team-" You cut Kuroo off.

"Also known as Johzenji." You say.

"Do you still play volleyball?" Yuuji asked.

"Not at the moment. I stopped when I left Aoba Johsai." You say.

"That's what school you went to?! No wonder you asked to leave!" Yuuji says.

"Well I gotta go. I only came around here cos I was actually gonna go see an old friend." Yuuji said.

"Ok.Bye Yuuji." You say.

You, Kuroo, and Kenma head off in one direction and Terushima head off in another. There seemed to be some awkward tension in the air. You wanted to speak up, but after a while you eventually arrived at Kenma's house. Kenma took out his keys and unlocked his front door while Kuroo went next door to grab some clothes. You went inside with Kenma and gasped at how nice his house was.