Chapter 9

Kenma's POV:
Y/N was sleeping upstairs in the spare room. Since what happened earlier, she's been... quiet. Awfully quiet. I went upstairs to the spare room and saw her sleeping. Soundly. I went over and placed my hand on her forehead, feeling that it's hot. She has a fever. I slightly panicked before heading off to the bathroom and grabbing a towel and running it under cold water. I wrung it out and went back, placing it on her forehead.

I rummaged my pocket for my phone and called Kuroo, wondering if he'd be back soon.

Calling: Kuroo
Kenma? What's up?
Y/N.
What about her?
She's got a fever.
Damn. Well I'm almost back. Stop worrying so much, she'll be fine.
You say that like you know it's true.
And what's that supposed to mean?
Well look what's she been through the past couple days.
True. You gonna be long? I don't know what to do.
Kenma. Stop worrying so much. It'll be fine. I won't be long. Like 5 minutes?
Ok...
See ya soon pudding head.
See you soon.
Call: Ended

I put my phone away and went downstairs into the front room. Waiting upstairs would've been like watching a game download. It would take forever. Soon I heard keys turn in the door. The door opened and it was Kuroo. Carrying some bags.

"Hey Kenma." Kuroo says.

"Hello." I reply.

"Help me with these bags and I'll go see how Y/N is." Kuroo says.

"Ok." I reply.

I head into the kitchen and start unpacking all the bags Kuroo had brought. I separated them into different piles based on where they needed to be put away.

Kuroo's POV:
I headed upstairs to where Y/N is and went to check on her. Kenma said she had a fever so I was heading to where she was.

"Y/N?" I say, peeking through the crack in the door.

"Y-yeah?" She says, attempting to sit up.

"N-No. Don't get up." I say.

"Ok..." She says.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"I'm alright." She says.

I walk over to her and place a hand on her forehead. Still hot.

"You need to rest." I tell her before going to leave.

"W-Wait. Don't go." She says.

"H-Huh?!" I stutter.

"C-Could you get Kenma pls? I don't want to be alone." She tells me.

My heart breaks. God what the fuck has this girl been put through?! I head out of the room and downstairs to the front room to find Kenma on his switch.

"Kenma. Y/N wants you." I tell him.

"W-what?" Kenma says, stuttering and with a red face.

He likes her.

"You. You like her. Don't you?" I ask.

"W-what. N-no." He replies, still red in the face.

"Mhm. If you say so. Then explain your red, blushing face." I tease.

"Wha- ok maybe a little. But don't tell her, ok?" Kenma says, hiding his blushing face.

"How can I? She wants you to go to her room. Not me." I explain.

"Ok... Good point." Kenma replies.

Kenma left me to put the rest of the shopping away while he headed upstairs to Y/N. I hope he asks her out soon. This is the first time I've ever seen him be so open with a girl. Let alone seem worried about her. He's never worried about me when I'm ill!

Kenma's POV:
I walked upstairs and knocked on Y/N's door, waiting for a response. She gave a quiet hello before I went in. She was listening to music. She took a headphone out and looked up at me. I smiled a sad smile before walking over to her and sitting down beside the bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, genuinely worried about her.

"I'm. I'm alright. Could be better. But I'm glad I have you two." She says with a genuine smile.

"Oh yeah... we have school tomorrow, don't we?" She says.

"Yeah... but you don't have to go if you don't want to." I say.

"No. It's fine. I'll go." She pauses. "Besides. I have you!" She beams.

"True. Wait. What?!" I say, stumbling on my words.

"Yeah. You two have been so welcoming of me. It's so nice. No one has ever been this nice to me before. I'm grateful." She says.

"Oh by the way, what were you listening to when I walked in?" I ask.

"The day sound vanished from our life by KureiYuki's and DAZBEE. It's such a calming song." She says.

(A/N: I highly recommend this song. It's a mixture of talking mixed with singing backed by a piano. It's this song below)

"Huh. I'll have to listen to it sometime." I say.

"We. We can listen now if you want." She says, her face a blushing mess.

"I. I'd like that." I say.

I get up from the floor and sit on the bed. She sits up next to me and passes me a headphone. I take it and put it in my ear as she presses play on the song. The song was... very calming. Just like she said. The words stood out so much. Yet... my mind just went to her.

After about a minute or so, I felt a weight on my shoulder. It was Y/N. She'd fallen asleep on my shoulder. I blush slightly before lying her down on the bed.

"Night. Y/N." I say as I sit down on the floor near her bed.