Chapter 12

You lay down on the bed in you dorm room, attempting to sleep off your fatigue. It had been working for a while until you fell deeper into slumber.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~In your dream~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I looked around and saw a vast emptiness. There was nothing around me. The scene soon changed and I was faced with my house. I wasn't exactly sure how to feel at this thought. Finding my old house and being able to walk inside of it. I don't like this one bit.

I don't like the thought of being able to walk. No roam freely through my house. I shouldn't be able too. I left this house a while ago. I stupidly opened the door to my house and walked upstairs to my mother's room. I walked in and saw her writing a letter.

I watched over her shoulder and heard her read the letter aloud before feeling satisfied.

"To my dear Y/N.
I hope you find this in good health. I am so. So. So. Sorry that I have departed this god forsaken planet. I couldn't bare to see you hurting anymore. I couldn't bare to watch you wake up in the middle of the night crying about the dreams you were having about what happened. I didn't even know. I didn't even try and figure out the true reason you tried to leave that school. When I eventually found out, I couldn't take it anymore. It pained me so.

The only thing I ask of you is that you find the right man. Or woman! Who treats you so. Treats you like you are the last woman on the fucking planet. You deserved so much that I could never give to you. And I sincerely apologise for that.

Please. Take care of yourself. Don't follow down the path I took.

From,
Mother."

I cried. I cried and cried after hearing my mother read the letter aloud. I couldn't bear to see her like that.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•End of dream~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You jolted upright in the bed and began breathing heavily. You looked over at your phone and saw it was almost time for dinner. You wiped the sweat and tears from your forehead and eyes before fixing yourself up ever so slightly.

You heard a knock on the door and called the person to come in. The door opened and revealed Kenma. Stood there. All sweaty in his gym clothes. You chuckle at the sight and get up from the bed. Feeling a lot better after your small rest.

"Y/N. You feeling better?" Kenma asks before placing his hand on your forehead.

You blush at Kenma's caring side before hiding your face to rid yourself of the blush.

"Yeah. I'm feeling better. I had a dream. No. A nightmare though." You say to him.

"Oh? What about?" He asks you.

"My mum. And the letter she left behind." You say, not dating to look at Kenma.

"Oh. Y/N. I'm sorry." Kenma says.

"No. It's fine. You didn't know. Let's go eat, shall we?" You say, trying to lighten the mood.

You follow Kenma to the dining area and everyone stares at you when you walk in. Kuroo sees you and Kenma and waves at the two to join their table.

At the table sat a grey haired boy who reminded you of an owl. A reserved brunette sat next to the owl and scolding him. A brunette who was being scolded by a black-haired male that was calling him names. Kuroo. And the rest of the Nekoma team. As well as an orange haired male sat next to a dark blue haired male who reminded you of a blueberry.

"Hello. I'm Y/N. Nekoma's captain." You say as you sit down.

"I'm Akaashi Keiji. And this is Bokuto." Akaashi says.

"I'm Iwaizumi. And this is Trashykawa." Iwaizumi says.

"Hey. You don't have to be so vulgar." Oikawa says.

"Shittykawa then!" Iwaizumi says.

You chuckle slightly at their little interactions and turn to the orange haired guy and blue haired guy.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo! And this is Tobio Kageyama. Or the great king!" Shoyo beamed.

"Boke Hinata Boke!" Kageyama said.

You laugh even more at the minor interactions between the other volleyball members and Kuroo and Kenma noticed you smile. Kenma blushed and Kuroo smiled too. They hadn't seen you smile in so long. That it made them smile at the minor reaction you gave.

(A/N: I've just realised. I don't think Seijoh actually went to the practice camp but I've already written this so I'm just gonna say they did. Cos I can't be bothered to edit it out.)