Chapter 5

⚠️mentions of self-harm⚠️

"Make yourself comfortable. I am gonna get some drinks. Want one?" Kenma enquired.

"I'm ok. Thanks." You say.

You then looked through your bag at the clothes your mum had packed. Once you saw what they were, you cursed under your breath. Your mum had packed you short sleeve clothing. You wished for anything other than that. That would mean Kuroo and Kenma would see your scars. And that bandage that now donned your current outfit.. you continued going through the bag and saw one of your favourite hats.

"Yes! I have been looking for this! How'd my mum find it?" You say as Kenma and Kuroo entered the living room.

"Find what?" Kenma asked.

"My fedora. I've been looking everywhere for this." You say.

"A fedora? You wear those things?" Kuroo asked.

"Yes. I loved wearing them. Got a problem with that?" You said playfully as you put the fedora on. It went well with your jeans and shirt.

"You can take your jacket off you know." Kenma said.

"Oh..." You said.

"Great. They are gonna see the bandage. I could lie. Say it is something else. But I think both of them would pick up on it." You though to yourself.

You reluctantly took your jacket off and went to go and place it, along with your fedora on Kenma's rack. You went back down and subconsciously placed a hand over the bandage to cover it as best as possible. It failed. Miserably.

"What's with the bandage?" Kenma asked.

"Oh. This? I was skateboarding the other day and fell." You lied.

"Mhm."Kuroo said, not believing you.

Kenma's POV:
Kuroo gave me a look that said, 'I don't believe her.' So I gave him a look back that said, 'what do you mean?' I do not think he knew I did not understand. He then stood up and declared he was going to go and help me set up the spare room for later. So I followed after him, knowing he had something else in mind as well.

"I don't believe her. When I grabbed her arm to pull her to the roof earlier, she kept trying to break free. And she was hiding the pain on her face." Kuroo said.

"So you think what's under that bandage is... a lot newer?" I asked.

Kuroo nodded in agreement before answering. "I believe she put the bandage on before Yumeko managed to get her out of the bathroom." Kuroo said.

"So what are you suggesting? Is there a reason you wanted the 3 of us to have a sleepover even though we just met?" I say.

"Yeah. I think the reason she had that bandage on is because she is self-harming. And I suggested the sleepover so we could keep a close eye on her to make sure she is ok before she goes back home. I mean her mum is oblivious and we're the only ones who know." Kuroo said.

"So you're doing this to protect her?" I ask.

"Yes. She seems comfortable with us. I mean, she did open up. And you two have more in common than you think." Kuroo said.

"You have a point. But we can't just ask her about it, can we?" I say.

"Mhm. You have a point. We can ask her how she copes with all the bullying. Without being too forward." Kuroo says.

"Now can we actually sort this room out?" I ask.

Your POV:
What is taking Kuroo and Kenma so long? Are they talking about something? Are they talking about me? Did they work out that I self-harm? No. I cannot tell them. I do not want them to leave. I am gonna get some air. It feels so stuffy in here all of a sudden. I walked around until I found his back door and stepped into his garden. I saw a couple garden chairs and went to go and sit on one. It was really comfy. Too comfy for a garden chair. It was a reclining one as well. I reclined the chair and started to feel tired and fell asleep not too long later.

Third Person POV:
Kuroo and Kenma had sorted out the spare room and came downstairs to find you werenot in the living room. They were not really sure where you went.

"Hey. Where did Y/N go?" Kuroo said.

"Dunno. Oh. I think she went into the garden." Kenma said.

Kuroo followed Kenma into the garden and found you, asleep. They did not want to disturb you, but it looked like it was going to rain. A couple seconds later, it started to rain. Kuroo sighed and picked you up and brought you indoors. He put you on the sofa while Kenma grabbed a blanket. He placed the blanket on you and went to go and make hot drinks for everyone while Kuroo woke you up.

"Mmm?" You mutter.

"You fell asleep in my garden and it started to rain. Me and Kuroo brought you inside before you caught a cold." Kenma said emerging from the kitchen with a mug for you.

"Thank you. I am gonna go and change. I don't wanna stay in wet clothes." You say, standing up.