Chapter 14

You leave the gym with Kenma and walk around the school grounds a bit before sitting down on a bench in the school's garden. You both gazed up at the shining stars. Watching them glimmer and twinkle in the moonlit sky.

Kenma had stopped looking at the stars and was instead looking at you. Smiling as you gazed at the stars. The moon shining on your features making Kenma blush slightly. After a while, you noticed him staring and you looked at him before seeing him blush.

"Where you. Where you staring at me?" You ask him.

"N-No!" Kenma says, stuttering slightly.

"Hmm..." You say.

"You know. This is perfect. The sky. The moon. The stars. You." You mutter. But Kenma heard.

"Huh? I'm. I'm perfect?" Kenma says, shocked at your statement.

"Wha- did I say that our loud?" You say, blushing.

"Yeah..." Kenma says.

"But I mean it. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment. And a more perfect friend to spend it with." You say.

Kenma was hurt at the fact that you called him your friend. But then again. You didn't know each other's feelings for one another. He gazed back at the stars before you started a conversation once more.

"You know. This training camp was actually fun. I learnt so much while I was here. It's a shame it's over tomorrow." You say, facing Kenma.

"Yeah. I wish it could last longer." Kenma says.

"Anyway we should back inside. We need to rest before tomorrow. Mainly you." You say to Kenma.

You both head inside and to your respective rooms. Before you parted ways, Kenma turned to you and said "goodnight" earning one back from you.

~Time Skip~
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•Next day~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
You woke up relatively early since you were on clean up duty. You knew there was only two matches for each team today since the practice camp ended at lunch. You were helping prepare breakfast while also making the final preparations for today's games.

Everyone had soon woken up and began getting food for themselves. Once they finished, you were in charge of washing up the dishes while other managers cleaned the tables and brought the plates to you.

After a while of cleaning up, you were finally done. You wiped the sweat from your forehead and headed over to the gym to watch the games. You payed close attention. Making sure to take in every detail of the games being played in front of you.

The team were finally on a break and you were handing out water bottles and towels to everyone. Until something caught your eye. It was Hinata, a bald guy and Kageyama dancing. Singing about meat. You are confused as to what was going on then you remembered that there was going to be a barbecue at lunch though you were told not to tell your team.

Once their break was over, the players who were playing went back onto the court and continued their match. After a while of playing matches it was finally lunch time.

You were helping out the other managers by gathering plates and cups and placing them near where the barbecue was alongside some drinks in a cold container. You placed the drinks on the floor before grabbing one yourself.

Everyone started to get food from the barbecue. (You included) and started to eat. You sat with Kuroo, Kenma, Bokuto and Akaashi. Then you noticed that Kuroo had Kenma's switch in his pocket. You laughed at the sight and Kenma pouted. You knew how much he loved that switch.

You ate some of the barbecued meat before staring off into the distance. Kenma had noticed and waved his hand over your face.

"Huh? Oh. Sorry. Did you say something?" You ask Kenma.

"No. You just zoned out. I was wondering if you were alright." Kenma says.

Bokuto and Kuroo looked at each other with "that smirk" (😏) on their faces. You glared at them. Not knowing why they were smirking like that. You wanted to know but decided not to question them.

You continued to eat before the rest of the Nekoma team surrounded you and Kenma and Kuroo. You weren't paying attention. At all. And it was too late when you realised Nekoma had lifted you above them. Raising you in the air like you were Simba from Lion King.

You wanted to know why they were doing this until you heard Kuroo's voice.

"We'd just like to thank our manager for taking her time to do extra research and everything she could to understand volleyball. Thank you Y/N." Kuroo says.

"Thank you." The whole volleyball team said as they raised you in the air again.

They eventually put you down (emphasis on eventually) and you sat down next to Kenma. You were about to ask a question when Kuroo beat you to it.

"Say. Who wants to go the festival tomorrow?" Kuroo asks.

"Sure." Kenma says.

"Yes!" The whole volleyball team said.

"Yeah. I'll go." You say.

Kuroo smirked at this before muttering to Kenma and Bokuto.

"So we are going for my plan right?" Kuroo says.

"Plan? What plan?" Bokuto says.

"The plan where I ask Y/N out using the fireworks display. You can pay for them to set off certain fireworks in certain patterns." Kenma says.

"Yup. We're going for that one!" Kuroo beams.

And you had no clue what the three were talking about. You were too focused on everyone having fun at the barbecue.