Chapter 8

⚠️mentions of self-harm and sewerslide⚠️

Kenma's POV:
I remove myself from my sofa and start to walk up the staircase. She is crying. As I get higher and higher up the stairs her crying gets less muffled. Until I am stood outside her door. It is loud. Almost like she is in pain. Mentally. And physically. Oh no. This cannot be good. I knock on the door but get no response. Please. I barge open the door and see her on the floor. Crying her eyes out. My suspicions were right.

"Y/N. What's happened?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"M-my mum. S-she k-killed herself. S-she felt b-ad that s-she didn't know why I really wanted to leave Aoba Johsai." She cried into her hands.

"I'm so sorry." I say hugging her. "Wait here. I'll go and find some bandages." I frantically head to the door.

"I should have one in my bag." She replies.

She went to get up and get it, but I stopped her.

"No. Don't get up. You have already lost a bit of blood. Stay here. I-I'll figure something out." I reply, I sound just as shaken up as her.

"C-call K-Kuroo u-up h-here then." She stutters. This is just like when we first met. I feel bad for her.

"Ok." I pause and head for the top of my stairs. "Kuroo!" I shout from the top of the stairs.

"Yeah?" He shouts back.

"Come up here. I need a hand." I shout.

Kuroo's POV:
I mean, I knew she was crying but I did not really know what was going on. Before I headed upstairs, I got a text from Kenma explaining the situation. Now I totally feel bad. I knew inviting her over for a sleepover would be a good idea, but I had no idea something like this was gonna happen. I run upstairs skipping every other step and arrive at her room. She was on the floor, and Kenma was wrapping a bandage on her arm. Did she... she did not. She would not.

"Did you..." I trailed off.

"Yeah. And it has been happening ever since I left Seijoh. And nobody know but you two. Hence why I was up last night. I could not sleep. Cos I had a nightmare. About him." She darkly says, gaze directed at her hands.

"Y/N..." Kenma trailed off.

"Have you... spoken to anyone about this?" I ask.

"No. Only you two and my cousin know about what happened at my previous school. My cousin doesn't know about this though." She said, gesturing to her arms.

"You should tell him. He's your family, right?" Kenma says.

"Yeah you're right. He is probably the only family I have left. God, I'm gonna have to find somewhere to live." She says, worriedly.

"Why don't you stay here until everything is sorted out." Kenma suggests.

"Yeah, ok. I would need to get some clothes from my house. But I cannot bear to step foot in there. Who knows how I'd react." She replies.

"Hey, it's ok I'll go. Just give me ya house key." I offer.

"You sure?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's fine." I say.

I took her house key and headed off to her house by foot. I knew it wasn't far from mine so I didn't even have to worry about taking a while. I quickened my pace from walking to jogging and eventually arrived at her house. I felt bad going inside without her being her. But. I guess it's a good thing that I am going. She doesn't need to step foot in here.

I placed the key in the door and went to unlock it but the door was already unlocked. Ok? That's not weird at all. I walked in and looked around. Trying to find her room. After a while I found it and opened the door. That's when I saw a tuft of blonde.

"Wait. You're her cousin, aren't you?" I ask.

"Yeah. What are you doing here?" He responds.

"Oh. I came to help Y/N gather her stuff." I reply.

"Oh? How come she isn't here then?" He replies.

"She's at a friends house. She didn't wanna come back after the text you'd sent. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame ya. I'm just saying she didn't want to come back and relive all the memories." I reply.

"Ah... I see. Well let me help you then." He replies. "Oh and its Terushima Yuji." He adds.

"Tetsurou Kuroo." I reply.

We spent the next two hours packing away her things and went to the kitchen finally to see if there were any snacks that she could take. But anything to take her mind off it really.

We eventually finished and I said goodbye to Terushima as I headed back to Kenma's. I hope she's alright now.